What's new

Zelda Ocarina Songs Problems

p45fan

So I'm running through OoT, and I get to parts where I need to play the song of time to move some large blue blocks. Problem is, the song doesn't seem to register and nothing happens. I don't get a little congratulations from the game for playing the song. I would say that it's a problem in the rom, but I've loaded the game up on a couple different roms and still no luck. Is it an emulation problem? I'm quite new to all this, so I realize how stupid the question may sound....

Thanks!

Clements

It does work, you just need to be close enough and make sure Navi is on the block or in the space where the block appears, and then play the song. Also, make sure you are not standing on top of the blocks.

OP
P

p45fan

Thanks for the tip, but for the life of me it's still not working. I'll have Navi turn green on it, I'll aim on it and take out my Ocarina, stand near, at, around it, I just don't know. Chances are, I've screwed something up on my own here, which means I've got a lot of backtracking to do (aka start from the beginning again...)

Urameshi Yusuke

Class SS Youkai
and make sure you already learned the song (it happens LOL) maybe you used a cheat or something and disabled, beside i see no other way

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
I'm in concurance with other's diagnosis. You might have a slightly offset joystick that's causing the pitch to change.

I have not had this problem running Z64Uv1.2 on PJ64v1.6