What's new

sugestion for dolphin emulator

tiluc

hi i have a sugestion to make. I think you guys should add something to control fps speed so it would make slower games run faster.:king:

Toasty

Sony battery
It wouldn't help matters, as the limiting factor is the CPU emulation - and you can't skip CPU instructions and expect emulation to work.

BlueFalcon7

Well, thats debatable, it depends on what you mean by "skip" if it tells the game that the instruction was completed, such as a play audio kind of instruction, or something thats not necesary to keeping the game running. But skipping instructions is not a very effective method of speeding up an emulator.

OP
T

tiluc

ok so you would need a better computer like mine is (2.2ghz, 1022mb ram, radeon serie X700, 200gbspace)thats about it i think if i haven't forgot anything... so would I ever be able to play games at normal speed on my computer??

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
For normal speed emulation, you would need a computer that doesn't exist yet.

BlueFalcon7

Or an emulator that doesnt exist yet :borg:

Accoarding to those more knowledgable than I, the Dolphin is not a very well-optimized emulator. It has room for improvement. Im not saying that a 2.6 GHz CPU could run it at full speed. But with the right optimizations, it can run at a speed much more tolerable than the Dolphin as it is now.

Last edited: