What's new

how about a porting 1964 or pj64 to the xbox!!

OP
L

lightknight

well we could import the other plugins , like tr64s opengl plugin..
we can still do it! the samething with the other plugins..

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
if i had an x-box right now i would toss it out a near by window b4 the oversized controllers crushed me in my tiny room, and b4 it over heated and caused a nuklear melt-down in the middle of the floor

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
here are some nice examples from the ever popular Penny Arcade

20010829l.gif

20010520l.gif

20011128l.gif

20020325l.gif

sk8bloke22

roll for life
why would u want to play n64 games using the xobxs crappy controller. its worse than using a sindwinder, which i use, and its horrible.

Reznor007

/me raises hand

Anyway, even if you were able to port something to Xbox(shouldn't be hard technically), it wouldn't run on normal systems, they won't read CD-R/DVD-R. You would need a mod chip of sorts, and since there is some heavy protection on Xbox system mods, that might not happen for a while(it will happen tomorrow now that I said that). You would also need to crack the Xbox disc encryption/exe format also.

Remote

Didn't someone mention the other day that StrmnNrmn, author of Daudaelus was working as a X-box developer, a couple of lunch breaks and he could have it running...

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
lightknight said:
any 1 want to do it?

Do you really think coding stuff like emu's is SOO easy?
Can't you keep those ideas you never worked on for yourself, it's getting pretty anoying.
(exp: GameCube Emu by Lightknight (BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA), 1964/pj64 port by Lightnight (BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA).
PS2 emu by lightknight (IN YOUR DREAMS)

BTW do you know what C++ is?... Ever coded a HELLO I'M LIGHTNIGHT PROGRAM???

Please, I beg, you stop asking people to develop 'your' ideas just keep it for youself, nobody beleaves you can create a thing.

:cool:

Note: If you're going to nag about my English, I'm Dutch so be happy you can read it...

Slougi

Hey it's easy.
Emulatore.Platform=(XYZBox)
Controller.Size=(Big)

Just add those lines into the source somewhere and it will work :p

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
aha! the emulatore man strikes again.
well there is one thing we can do to make this emu and veryone happy.
to make a new emu out of an unknown console, we need to reverse engineer this thingy.
so LET'S TAKE THE HAMMER AND TAKE THE XBOX APART. WOOHOO!!

nahh well the xbox is pretty good. why's everyone bashing it??

neoak

Triforce of Something...
Nah!. Thats a April Fools Day joke (The Thread).

Better is to port PJ64 1.4 to Dreamcast. Or to PS2 (NEVER!!!! PS2 Sucks!)

Or to improve it.