What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Mario 64 Illusion Mapped

Inzane

UPDATED Mario 64 Illusion Mapped

I see everyone seems to prefer a cartoony look to mario...Of course i wanted to cross that line....I would have put my time and effort into doom 64 but the rice plugin wont work with it. Anyway here is a pic and download for the castle level thats all thats done.....I won't be doing mario any more on to a new project............

Last edited:

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
i'm really sorry , i don't like , it's too filtered for me.But it's a good star.

Terranigma

I think you should rename the project. It doesn't feel very illusion like. What would be cool is if you can really create textures that make it look like an illusion. For example, make texture maps that causes the entire castle to kind of blend in with the background. Like it's transparent or something.

macphisto

I think he means the illusion of bump mapping. The trouble with doing this sort of thing is that if you over do the filtering, it can cause it to tile, as can be seen with the pic outside the castle on the grass and ground.

macphisto

I really don't think it's as bad as some of you think. It's a good effect, but just used for the wrong game. I wonder would it be possible to try to do the same for Doom 64, because it would certainly suit that game if it can be retextured.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
How could you know what i think? I think, I THINK it looks like crap, and i´ll stick with that. My opinion is not gonna change, regardless of what you and other people say.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
eh...its seems...stretchy in some places, and really just doesnt fit... good try though

netdroid9

Lighten up 0.o. It might look like crap, but you could at least try and point him in the right direction. As said above, it'd probably look awesome in Doom 64.

Conker rox

well i think that is look quite good but the grathic style is defintly not made for mario 64 and i wouldnt tell him to use the style in doom 64 cause lets face the facts that game was crap maby if he used them in a game that evey one has played before and will play agien.

macphisto

Aye, but the statement was, was that I said I don't think, which wasn't directed at anyone elses opinion. Paranoia's a terrible thing on the net.

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Im afraid to state how I feel about packs here because "Everything looks good", but goodness gracious, this is the worst pack ever. Ever ever ever. Stop making it. I agree with Emufan, this is absolutely awful. Sell your computer and forget this pack ever existed. Its unfair to the host of EmuTalk that this crap has to be hosted.

Hey now everybody!