What's new

Is it possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueFalcon7

dude! you posted 5 minutes after your first post. There are peopole on this forum from all aroud the wold, and in different timezones.

but anways, I doubt its possible. The DS and the GC have 2 different arcetectures, and since we dont have the source code, it would be pretty much impossible to port.

Edit: wow, mire, you beat me to it :p

動物の森林

sorry, I'm just used to faster boards

BlueFalcon7 said:
dude! you posted 5 minutes after your first post. There are peopole on this forum from all aroud the wold, and in different timezones.

but anways, I doubt its possible. The DS and the GC have 2 different arcetectures, and since we dont have the source code, it would be pretty much impossible to port.

Edit: wow, mire, you beat me to it :p
that's depressing:(I may be a n00b for asking this, but what's a source code?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyberman

Hmmm. First this is the wrong forum, talk of the town is for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere. Please take your time before you post to find the right forum. This is being moved to programing. I would advise lurking around for a bit to see what where and how.

As for the actual querry. Only of the company who wrote the original program can port it, since it is copyrighted material. An emulator is unlikely to be able to do it (unless of course you wish to take long naps while the program barely runs under a much smaller and less powerful system with significantly diminuitive resources in comparison). Any source code and game data related to said program would be the copyright holders property, and therefore would not be randomly available to anyone coding emulators etc.

The fact is I only know of ID software and 3d realms actually making source code for there games available for people to play with and or port. Thus it's not likely to happen especially since it is a relatively new game. Heck Quake 3 sources was available about a year ago, and Q3 had been out 5 to 6 years at that time.

Just having the engine is not enough however, you also need the game data and tools they used to compile the data into something useable for the NDS. Essentially an impossible task for one person, herculean for many people. Porting often ends up being a complete rewrite of the game so maybe you should wait for the game to be ported by the original makers, if ever they do.

Cyb

double post merged
post moved to someplace more appropriate (programming)

Cyberman

動物の森林 said:
sorry I'm an idiot:( but I don't see how I double posted...
Of course, I merged both of them into single posts. :)
In any case I hope we answered your question adequately and welcome too Emutalk in any case.

Cyb

Cyberman

Thread closed

Since the original question appears to have been answered.

And I'm uncertain of what the original user is asking (perhaps they are too) thread closed. Ask carefully thought out questions and maybe someone can answer them.

Cyb

Status
Not open for further replies.