What's new

WWF Attitude problem

Count_Dracula

Ok guys, I was just wondering...

i heard this game was great, WWF with Attitude, but they didn't make it for PC. so I got myself a CD image for DC that i mounted usind Daemon Tools. Got this Chankast thing, latest one. game isn't bootable, so i got a bootable image. loaded that with Daemon tools, ran chankast, got the Dreamcast logo thing... then a screen came up and it asked me to insert disc. I replaced the mounted image in Daemon Tools with the game image, and seconds later, chankast starts playing the intro movie of the game.

So I think ok, all fine and dandy. but right after the movie, it stalls. black screen, nothing happens anymore. During the movie, I can press the key that I assigned to START i chankast options, to skip the movie, but i only get to the same black screen.
Now i know wwf Attitude doesn't appear on any compatibility lists, or any other forum that I found on the topic, but still, the movie played, so I assume it gets to reading the disc. any ideeas guys? thanx in advance, and pls keep the technical terms to a minimum, i only found out how an emulator works last night. Not to say that I'm not skilled in the matter, but.... well, actually to say just that! :sombrero:

PS: technical stuff: used all emulation options from Daemon Tools for the mounted image, I run an Athlon XP 2400+, NVidia FX5500 128 MB, 768 MB RAM.
Edited to add a lil something else: I'm using dc_bios and dc_flash, dunno their origin, and game sais it's for NTSC, so i use that cable type, but i tried it the other way, and I get the same thing with VGA.

Last edited:

Cobrax1884

Banned
Hmm, you're pc is good, so it might be chankast's fault.
Some games only play the intro and then crash some go just in the menus, but after you click new game and the game starts, it crashes etc. so the game can't be emulated.
But don't cry YET, nullDC is on it's way and it MAY play the game so untill then, wait ;)

OP
C

Count_Dracula

Yeah, i guess patience is a virtue.
Thanks.

still, my hope dies last! if anybody actually has a solution for this (assuming there is one) I'm all years... well... monitors!

JKKDARK

I think that your image is corrupted or something similar. Because this game works on chankast.

OP
C

Count_Dracula

U sure? it's wwf Attitude not WWF Royal Rumble. the image seems ok as far as integrity goes, because once mounted with Daemon tools, i can see all the files making it up. still, I'll run some checks on it, but it seems fine.

Runs on chankast!? :-? now u got me worried! :p Any ideea if any other emulator currently out there may work? or is patience my one and only solution?

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
There are no other working, public Dreamcast emulator other than Chankast at the moment. When NullDC gets a public release, then that might be another matter.

Last edited: