What's new

How can i play project 64 with the xbox controller

CDCent

i got the xbox 360 with usb and when i go to the controller part thats next to deadzone i choose 360 for windows but when i try to play it doesnt do nothing.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
you have to setup the controller plugin

(note that if its the Wireless 360 control, the USB cable is just a charging plug and WILL NOT let you use it to play)

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Be sure to install the controller drivers. Also you will get better resuts if you use Nrage Bundled controller pluging (including forcefeedback)

Smokin101

Smokin101
I don't know about the 360 controller, but I use 2 xbox1 wireless controllers on my pc with PJ64. Easy to do, spliced a usb cable into the wireless reciever. They work on my pc and xbox. Had to download and install the XBCD and HID drivers for each usb port, configure some settings for the controllers, and on PJ64. All relatively painless. I got this idea from someone who spliced the usb into a hard-wired controller, and decided to go wireless. Very easy, no soldering required!!

Smokin101

Smokin101
Yeah it was real easy. No harder than hooking up a radio or stereo. There's several different ways of doing it too!

mkanet

Is there a non-splicing idiot proof way to use an xbox 360 wireless controller on a PC (which Project 64 can use)?

Actually, I'm trying to decide on the best gamepad-style controller to use with Project 64.... preferably wireless.

Thanks for any information you can offer.