What's new

GeForce 2 MX 200 Problem

Olger901

Banned
Hi Guys. I got a small problem with my GeForce 2. All games work fine with high settings. But as soon as I try to play a game with Anti Analising on (even with ALL settings on low) the games start to stutter. And EVEN simple games which require 200 Mhz. Can anyone give me a solution for it ? (This problem occurs in Windows 98 SE and in Windows XP Pro)

Amd Athlon XP 1500 Mhz
256 Meg Ram
GeForce 2 MX 200 64 MB DDR Ram
Soundblaster 64 PCI
Windows 98 SE, Windows XP Pro and Redhat Linux 7.3

OP
O

Olger901

Banned
You mean a GeForce MX 200 to slow. I turned all my settings on LOW and it stutters. I don't think it's too slow because a friend of mine has the same videocard as I do and there it works perfectly. So I know for sure it's a problem with my pc

Trotterwatch

After reading your other post about XP, I think your system is probably not that stable at the moment. A GF2 MX200 though is in most cases too slow to use anti-aliasing in even the slowest of games.

Why do you want to use anti-aliasing though? I mean if you can get it to work x2 but with all settings on low games will perform worse and look worse.

Slougi

Exactly. I play games at 1280*960 without anti-aliasing, and it looks better than 640*480 with 4x anti-aliasing.

flow``

flow``
it could be the fact you seem to lack sufficient ram?

at home, i boot up XP and run a few progs or leave my comp on a few hours and it eats up ~190 or my 768 ram.. so with 256 ram it could be simply pushing it a little hard?

possibly upgrading your bios or more sufficient cooling might help as well, although you should check out the drivers first as slougi said. and personally, for gaming, who uses high res's with lots of detail?

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
The GF2 mx series isn`t really built for FSAA, the memory bandwith of the card is rather low, a specially in the first mx, and then the mx200 series. The mx400 were a bit better, but still, the best cards for high res FSAA are GF2ti, or anything higher series.

Seta-San

Try this

Get the new detonaters and try to set the anti-aliasing to software dependant. It lets the game or what ever decide if it used antialiasing and how much of it to use.

OP
O

Olger901

Banned
I got the 28 version drivers so the newest and I decided to turn FSAA off it works much better without it.