What's new

Desmume status update

synch

So, here is the first comercial games oriented status update from me. I don't really like showing emulator progress from comercial games screenshots, but... anyway. As some of you may know (and for those that don't) my current focus in desmume development, is rewriting (almost 70-80% now) the, rather bugged, 3D core, some minor fixes in the 2D core (sprite rotation and scaling) and minor cpu core fixes.

Keep in mind that this is WIP, so we don't know if the same games will show the same results when the release is finished, but anyway, I wanted to show the progress to the world.

Oh, and please don't ask about compatibility.

Enjoy

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Good job! You rock! No, I do not need to know the FRAMERATE at all.

Yes, anybody else...please do not ask about compatibility because it will only delay further ahead. Just applauding him for his hard work. ;)

Again, great job!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Hiei-YYH

OMG ^^ this look excellent...

> You'll have to guess which games are those. Don't ask about

LOL... hint: image name? :evil:

Last edited:
OP
S

synch

Hiei-YYH said:
> You'll have to guess which games are those. Don't ask about

LOL... hint: image name? :evil:

The full quote of my blog would be: "You'll have to guess which games are those. Don't ask about framerates." The image names are a big hint, true: anyway, just looking at the images, and if you followed a bit the DS released games, it shouldn't be that hard to guess :p

spotanjo3

I know this game and I won't reveal it because I test them all and Low Lines knows me. :p

Last edited:

Low Lines

Rockmangames said:
I know this game and I won't reveal it because I test them all and Low Lines knows me. :p
What has me knowing you got anything to do with it :unsure:

(glances at screenshots) Oh my....this is partly my doing isn't it =] That's some really impressive progress in comparison to the original screenshots I took of that game :evil: the two middle letters of the first game's serial is "UG" and the second game's serial is "SH"....and I bet nobody knows what I am talking about either (which is the whole point) :p

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Low Lines,

Didn't you know ? Remember, I test all the games and posted at emutalk regularly as I am doing right now and sent them to you so you were update at your link. Or am I wrong ? Anyway, I do recongized this game. :)

Last edited:

NewHJ

Can anyone tell me if they are working with Normmatt or if they are working on their own version fo DeSmuMe?

Good job... Nice progress

OP
S

synch

For this version, starting from the last version released, the development was more or less: Normmatt plugged in yopyop’s (original desmume author) 3D core (which was quite primitive), and Dualis sound core into desmume source base. When he had just done that, he had to take a break due to exams, and I joined with some cpu fixes, and after that, I rewrote a big amount of the 3D core, some 2D fixes/additions, and some other cpu and misc fixes/additions.

Edited from a comment I made on Normmatt's blog :)