What's new

Yet another NDS compatibility list

diablow

Finally, I'm happy to announce the first version of my very own creation - the NDS compatibility list system. Its main function is to speed up creation of compatibility list for new emulator releases. Anyone can contribute to this list, and we won't need to wait while one person compiles the list from many forum posts by hand. So, in short, GO AND FILL IT UP! But remember - haste makes waste, so don't try to fill in all entries too quickly, be sure to take some time and test the game closely (more tips on that later). Thanks to Low Lines for providing list of games.
Please post bug reports and suggestions to this post or PM me.

Here's the link: http://mini.freehostia.com/ ;).

UPDATES: fixed error on page 10, added simple sorting, add info link moved from separate column to status - clicking on link "Unknown" will bring up add info dialog, other minor fixes.

Due to all the commotion about Nintendo Wii the romlist still haven't been updated. Stay tuned.

P.S. And while we wait for new releases of emulators, please fill up existing lists (no$gba and DeSmuME at least), I hope to catch all bugs and tweak up the interface until then.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Why don't you tell us which pages you have done so we can check it out ? ;)

EDIT: Bomberman DS (U/E) - It is not slow. You will have to find a rollerblade to make him goes faster. He is just normal and slow fellow having to find the items at first. Yes, it will save. All you can do is play until you reach at the end of 1-6 and it will automatically save! :)

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (U/E) - It is not playable. It is just ingame because of missing a lot of sprites but 3-D is there.

EDIT 2: Remember, he wants us to play around at first to see if there are any problems at first. :)

Last edited:

Normmatt

I think you need to make it so if the game already has a listing you can still post a listing for it but a moderator of sorts checks the game out and the listing thats the closed to what the moderator gets is selected.

but its not essential, anywho good job its looking good

Low Lines

I think instead of having set pages that you should have that kind of sorting funtion most news pages have where you can set the number of items per page etc. Because I think going through 24 pages may become tedious and a little annoying ;)

OP
D

diablow

Searching and sorting are still on TODO list. Posting double info is possible, but now it is disabled, because of missing administration functions.

EDIT: moved update info to first post.

Last edited:
OP
D

diablow

Sorry for double posting, but I just wanted to let everybody know that the games list in my compatibility list have been updated. Go and fill those empty spaces ;) But, please, write something informative in comments - how game behaves, when crashes, instructions on what to do to see the most of the game etc.

OP
D

diablow

Sorry yet again, triple post now, but if it's really that bad, I'll merge those last posts to one.
Now, that there's some "complications" of firmware fame, I think that compatibility list will definetly need multiple entries from multiple testers for one game. Any suggestions how to implement this, that it would be easy for testers to add information and as little moderation as possible? Is it time to make some kind of registration and let only registered users to input compatibility info (but this would be a slowdown, and I'm not sure if I would be able to program it)?

Low Lines

diablow said:
Sorry yet again, triple post now, but if it's really that bad, I'll merge those last posts to one.
Now, that there's some "complications" of firmware fame, I think that compatibility list will definetly need multiple entries from multiple testers for one game. Any suggestions how to implement this, that it would be easy for testers to add information and as little moderation as possible? Is it time to make some kind of registration and let only registered users to input compatibility info (but this would be a slowdown, and I'm not sure if I would be able to program it)?
Why are you testing with firmware? Compatibility just be on what the emulator need to run. I mean sure, the bios would be the same, but I think you are just making it harder on yourself Diablow. Too much work is a pain in the ass and I would know cos my ass is really sore :bouncy:

OP
D

diablow

You got a point there, Low Lines. As they say "Keep It Simple, Stupid", so I'll leave it as it is - simple ;).