What's new

ds emulation

|\/|-a-\/

Uli Hecht
it would be great to know, which docs were used by the author of desmume..... where can i find some good informations about nds like memory map, used graphics chip, nds rom file header ... ... ...

thanks, uli

OP
A

|\/|-a-\/

Uli Hecht
WOOOOOOOOW!!!! thanks a lot!!!!!!!
i wonder, where you guys get those informations... i googled two days and found nothing!

Exophase

Emulator Developer
No$ has tons of docs on tons of systems, like GB, NES, C64... I have no idea where he gets all the time/energy to do these. But they're very helpful. The GBA doc is just about all you need to do a GBA emulator, although it has a few errors/missing things.

OP
A

|\/|-a-\/

Uli Hecht
Yeah, i know why he has the time / energy... He wrote it's his main job, he earns enough money with his NO$GBA debugger.....

i don't want to write a gba emulator, but a nds emu ^^

there is an emu for each nintendo system which does its job very great: virtual gameboy, Project64/1964, zsnes ...... but there are not many very good emus for the newer systems like ngc and nds. i think it's a bit harder today, the newer systems are harder to emulate. additionaly the progress of developement of pc cpus has slowed down...

synch

Shizzy: if you want to contribute, the source is on the web :p And you'd no excuse (if not developing gekko): I work 8-10h a day (programming), and I even get enough motivation to still spend 4-6h (more programming) on desmume :) Anyway, kudos for gekko :)

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
:D Thanks
synch said:
Shizzy: if you want to contribute, the source is on the web :p
I'm waiting for you to release the source for your updates :) But, in the meantime, I've started my own DS/GBA emulator, not sure how far I get.

*ShizZy waits for synch to make his video core in plugin form so he can use it too :bouncy:

synch

ShizZy said:
:D Thanks
I'm waiting for you to release the source for your updates :) But, in the meantime, I've started my own DS/GBA emulator, not sure how far I get.

Nice, but remember to get some work on gekko too :D

ShizZy said:
*ShizZy waits for synch to make his video core in plugin form so he can use it too :bouncy:

Emh... First I think I'll try to get stuff working better (and faster) than now :p

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Hehe..

Anyone have a backup of the latest GBATek? NoCash site seems to be down for a few days now :(

synch

I've one copy, of course.

I guess Martin Korth won't get annoyed for me putting this as an attachment. If not I'll just delete the attachment :)

synch

|\/|-a-\/ said:
Hey synch, are the docs by Martin everything you use?

Mostly, but I also look at other gba documentation from time to time. Also, the unnoficial devkits are really helpful. And coding you own examples, to test/debug single features :p