What's new

Revive Project 64

neo__

If anyone knows anything about emulation, the fans request that they take up where jabo left off and continue work on project 64!! It is by far the greatest emulator for the 64 ever made and its legacy should continue on.

Jabo has already worked out the hardest parts of it. Now it must just be perfected to correct errors in certain games! So do the fans a favor and take up arms in project 64.

Remote

If anyone knows anything about emulation, the fans request that they take up where jabo left off and continue work on project 64!! It is by far the greatest emulator for the 64 ever made and its legacy should continue on.

Jabo has already worked out the hardest parts of it. Now it must just be perfected to correct errors in certain games! So do the fans a favor and take up arms in project 64.

A lot of people knows something about emulation, but I think that you are missing the point. They worked hard on this project for several years and did make a great product which they released when they felt it was ready, they also stopped it when they felt it was ready. I wouldn't mind if they revived it but I don't think it's an option and there are other emulators that will pick up where Project 64 left off, i.e Nemu, Tr64, Apollo, 1964 and Daedalus.

OP
N

neo__

I don't understand why people would start from scratch building a new grafix engine when there is one that works so well already. For example.. the only main problem right now is 2d games like Yoshi story and Kirby 64. And ogre battle 64 which runs way too slow. Oh yea.... and conkers doesn't play.... and Majora's mask has that black strip at the top... Castlevania legacy has some problems too. but the main games work perfect on it. why not just tweak something. Instead of start over.

Trotterwatch

Conkers BFD does play with the current GFX plugin, in fact I can't think of one major problem when playing this game.

The problem with people modifying the graphics plug-in made by Jabo is that the plug-in hasn't had it's source code released. In time this may or may not happen, until it does then no one else bar Jabo will be able to work on the graphics aspect for that particular plug-in.

OP
N

neo__

Conkers freezes on my computer and i don't know why

i have a p4 1.4ghz
256 rd ram

and gforce 2 mx 400 64 mb

.... not sure why

.... about reviving...

i thought that the source code of the grafix plugin was released with the emulator source

my mistake..
ah well

till the next best n64 emu

the muhahaha

EXCUSE ME, ogre battle doesn't run too sow, it's that i dun see any plugin supporting it...the sprite layer....may god be with it.

Musashi

Blue
Yeah. I say continue Jabo's plugin instead of the emulator. We already have enough emulators that support plugins. Not that I wouldn't want PJ64 to stay alive and kicking, but I think the plugin is more important.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
neo__ said:

have u heard of a lad called zilmar by any chance?

Davemc

Dave
everyone would like to see pj64 revived, but 1964 is so close to it now that jabo's plugin is more important

1964, Jabo's 3d plugin and and azimers audio plugin are the way foward i think

Remote

Icepir8 isn't so far behind with his OpenGL plugin and we still hasn't seen his DirectX plugin, neither is the nemu team if we should speculate about their progress, i.e released screenshots of Perfect Dark and Banjo-Tooie, and we still haven't still what Azimer and StrmnNrms has up their sleeves. And we shouldn't forget about Dave. :D

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Remote said:
Icepir8 isn't so far behind with his OpenGL plugin and we still hasn't seen his DirectX plugin, neither is the nemu team if we should speculate about their progress, i.e released screenshots of Perfect Dark and Banjo-Tooie, and we still haven't still what Azimer and StrmnNrms has up their sleeves. And we shouldn't forget about Dave. :D

it is true that there is lots to look forward to. but dont forget, the only gfx plugin that is near (or surpassing) jabo's last offering is nemu's. and it is not avaliable to be used for other emulators.

VideoGamerJ

I have been trying to edit Plugins but to tell the truth, I am not having any luck. I don't know where to begin, every problem I solve, creates another problem....

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, that's life, I think. You just gotta keep working. More things will appear, and you'll have to solve those, too, nothing to do against that.