What's new

Questions

champ626

Look,please don't yell or anything because I'm new here :(

my questions are:

1. Where can I download GC Emulator?

2. Do I just stick the disk in and make the computer read it then play it on my computer?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
1. Depends on which GameCube emulator you want. XCheck the appropriate forums for each emulator. They should have links to emulator homepages.
2. Normal DVD drives can't read GameCube discs. You need to run GCM images.

Agozer

GCM images are rips from the GameCube discs. Yes, Dolwin, Dolphin, and WhineCube are emulators.

Lightning

Emulator Developer
You have two options, you can either use the Phantasy Star Online hack to then read the disk and make an image of it, or, download images of games you already own (legal. Illegal to download games you do not own. The forum does not tollerate illegal activity).

Agozer

Atthis point in time, I'd suggest that ou read the stickied board rules thread and move your eyes to the third rule.

Toasty

Sony battery
Lightning said:
...or, download images of games you already own (legal. Illegal to download games you do not own...
Wrong. The only legal way to acquire a ROM or ISO is to make a backup of your own copy. Downloading a copy that someone else ripped is illegal, regardless of whether or not you own the game.

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
Toasty said:
Wrong. The only legal way to acquire a ROM or ISO is to make a backup of your own copy. Downloading a copy that someone else ripped is illegal, regardless of whether or not you own the game.

ripping them from your own disc is illegal unless you have permission for the manufacture. good luck trying to get nintendo to do that lol

Toasty

Sony battery
In most countries, including the U.S., you are allowed to make one backup or archival copy of any copyrighted media that you buy. It's called fair use. The big exception is encrypted content, such as most commercial DVDs, where the DMCA (or another country's equivalent of that law) voids fair use laws and bans circumvention of such encryption.