What's new

Shadows Of The Empire is doing some weird stuff...

namkcuR

Ok, I'm running SOTE in 1964 using Rice 6.0/6.1(I've tried both) video and Azimer's 0.56 audio.

The game starts up, amazingly, near perfectly. No flickering, good audio and video quality, the right speed. I start a new game, start the first level, Hoth, and at first it's fine, but every time I try it, at random points in the level, the thing just goes nuts. I'll shoot a probe droid, and all of a sudden the graphics start swirling and all the colors mix together while the 'Return to battle area' message is still flashing, and part of the screen is this meshing of colors and another part of the screen just gets black. The probe droid thing is just one example of the random points at which this stuff happens.

What is going on?

Edit: Here is a screenshot, just to give you a better idea of what I'm experiencing. It doesn't start like this, it just goes beserk all of a sudden and becomes like this at random points in the first level. I have no saves that go beyond the first level so I don't know if it happens in other levels.

sotelm9.jpg

Last edited:
You have to use Jabo's 3D6 (if you have it) then if it starts flickering Configue Graphics Plugin then go to the Rom Settings then change Direct3D clear mode

Legend

1964 just can't play this game without craziness and it never will. Its the same story with Kirby and Episode 1 and others. I recommend PJ64 1.6 or 1.7 ( it's worth 20 bucks)

Legend

Use my info
Use PJ64-you can actually cheat:bouncy: Why is Mupen better for this game though? Better timing?
Mupen has some unique things about it, but if you want an emulator that has better compatablity and can use with ALL of your games, then PJ64 is your choice. Quote from Mupen helpme:There's still a lot of roms that aren't working or have problems. My long experience has also refelcted that. Again, a great emulator but overall most people (especially noobs) would have a smoother ride with PJ64 IMO.:king:

I would suggest Glide64+Hacturax's wrapper-instead of Rice's plugin (it's better for me)/use this actually for most of your other games as well. And NES your thing was written awile ago-I would suggest you get new version of Glide64 and wrapper and give it a try. It's amazing!!!

Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2 for sound is fine
And Jabo's RSP is what I like

But see which works best for you and let us know...

Last edited: