What's new

G6 Lite & Passcard 3

0nyx7

Hi there, i recently bought a G6 Lite (http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/dd-ds-g6lite.html) with a passcard3 (http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/dd-ds-pssc.html). When i recieved it in the G6 lite tin i found..

3 x small Carts which fit in the GBA slot with nothing sticking out, with G6 Flash written on them
1 x large GBA sized card with '4 in 1' 4G written on it
1 x usb disk burner.

However, only one of the small carts actually works, and it only has 500mb on it. The other two, both coloured greeny-blue and white, dont seem to do anything at all and im not entirely sure what the gba sized '4gb' card does. So here's my question..

why are there 3 carts when only one of them works?
what is the gba sized 'multi media card', what does it do?

Thanx, 0nyx7

WhiteX

1 - The small carts:

The GBA looking one is to use on a real GBA or Phat DS, the one that works is your G6, the other two one, must be a delivery mistake.

Here´s a picture of the innards of the G6 lite box:
gl01.jpg

2 - the multi media card:

It is your G6, a card that fits the GBA slot perfectly (GBA sized) and allows you to play videos, homebrew games, music and a big assortment of other things. :pirate:

3 - The 4 gig:

Flashcarts often use bits instead of Bytes, so 4 Gb (bits) is the same of 500 MB (bytes).

EDIT: upon further research i found that they released cases to match the DS lite colors, the other two carts are most likely cases to fit the colors of the DS lites.

Last edited:
OP

0nyx7

The other two cases dont do anything though, doesnt that seem odd?

when i try to plug in the multimedia card thing to the pc, nothing happens..

Last edited:

Normmatt

That would be because they are only cases the actual PCB is only in one of the cases the others are just the cases so they work with the color of your nds

WhiteX

It runs applications designed to work on the DS, music, videos, games, all sorts of things.

WhiteX

It is like a disk for your DS, you have to put whatever you want to run into the card and then use it on your DS, it may come with a software to facilitate the business.

OP

0nyx7

I think you're talking about the small ds-lite sized card which you plug into the pc and put stuff on, im talking about this..

image002ex6.jpg

except mine says 4G on it.

WhiteX

3 - The 4 gig:

Flashcarts often use bits instead of Bytes, so 4 Gb (bits) is the same of 500 MB (bytes).

yes, there´s a cart and an interface to work on you PC, a loader if you like, what you do is to add stuff to it using the software that came with it and play it on your DS.

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Or simply read the manual that comes with it?
Or, more, actually inserted the Passcard that would enable it to run on your (supposedly unmodified) Nintendo DS?
Evrain

CrazyRabbit

hi all! how i can see, alot of people here really know what M3 Passcard is... I bought my DS few day's ago. It's nice console. Very nice. After two day's i understand, what i want to listen the music from my DS. I bought G6 after that. And M3 Passcard too. Now i don't know what passcard is really give me. After i plug it in and turn DS on, there is nothing happened. Only white screen (also on touchpad). Nothing more (in the net i was find some screens with big red word "PASSCARD" on the DS screen). How i can check is my passcard work's or not? May be i need some software for it? If someone can help me with it, it will be very usefull for me. Thanx!
(Sorry for bad English, i'am from Russia)

Oh! I forgot! I'am happy owner of DS-Lite.

smcd

A passcard only allows for booting DS code from the Slot-2 (GBA) area instead of Slot-1 (DS) area... it doesn't really provide any more functionality than that.