What's new

Project Netplay

VaughnWhynot

Video Game Junky
so i play nestopia on netplay alot (ant3d) i think and i was just wondering if project64 has a netplay and where i can find it..and maybe even a better snes one too
please help me out i want to play mario party online lol
Vaughn

OP
VaughnWhynot

VaughnWhynot

Video Game Junky
do you have a link to this one or is it just like a .exe or .dll file i add to the project64 folder?

OP
VaughnWhynot

VaughnWhynot

Video Game Junky
kool thanks friend
i found it on the emu front page
i will kee an eye out tho
thanks for the help buddy

squeakypants

Project64 1.7 will have netplay built in. This is why we haven't seen a Project64k built from 1.6 (the newest one is built from 1.4). I doubt we'll ever see a new version of pj64k.

zilmar

Emulator Developer
squeakypants said:
Project64 1.7 will have netplay built in. This is why we haven't seen a Project64k built from 1.6 (the newest one is built from 1.4). I doubt we'll ever see a new version of pj64k.

Project64 1.7 does not have netplay. It is something that I want. I think there are serious bugs in the design of the emulator up to 1.6 to allow decent net playthat will not desync. Once I get more of this done it is something I will look at.

If these flaws would not have been in the emulator I would have put the code in to 1.6, so yes there is not much chance that pj64k will get another version.

Xtreme2damax

Hello all, this is my first post on these forums, I am usually a very active member at emuforums (ngemu), under the same username.

My question is, since this thread is about netplay, is can I use netplay on emu's with a 56k dial-up connection, or is it necessary to have broadband internet?

Sorry about posting this in this thread, I wanted to avoid opening a new thread for such a short and simple question. Thanks if you can let me know:bouncy:

squeakypants

zilmar said:
Project64 1.7 does not have netplay. It is something that I want. I think there are serious bugs in the design of the emulator up to 1.6 to allow decent net playthat will not desync. Once I get more of this done it is something I will look at.

If these flaws would not have been in the emulator I would have put the code in to 1.6, so yes there is not much chance that pj64k will get another version.

Damn :( Well, I definitely think you should make that a big priority. I know 1.7 won't be finished for a long time, but it's the main reason I'm interested in emulation in the first place. Yea, it's cool to be able to render at higher resolutions and such, but besides that there aren't really any other benefits.

Xtreme2damax

I'm probably going to try it in a bit, I just don't want to set it up only to be dissapointed, So I'd rather hear it from someone first if a broadband connection is needed, or if a dial-up connection is suitable.

I've never used netplay on an emulator so I have no clue as to what the min requirements are for netplay.

I was planning on downloading project64k, to play some n64 online, but don't want to go through the hassle, if I can't use my current connection.

There's no chance of me getting broadband, since it's not available in my area, so I'm stuck with a crappy dial-up connection till I can move back into the city where I live.

Sorry if it seem's that I'm being lazy, I just don't want to download project64k, if I can't use the netplay feature, because of my connection

squeakypants

n64 is the hardest on kaillera of all the consoles I've seen on it. MAME and SNES should run perfect on dial-up. n64 might give you trouble, but it should still be playable.