What's new

Looking for skilled N64 ROM hackers.

FredMSloniker

I realize this is a bit of a long shot, but is there anyone out there who's proficient enough in N64 ROM hacking that they could extract some models from a ROM, or even tools for that sort of thing? Specifically, I want to get at the character models from Kirby 64 so I can make some papercrafts from them.

OP
F

FredMSloniker

The Nemu64 website appears to be down. At any rate, it looks like another N64 emulator; does it include polygon-ripping tools, or are you suggesting I talk to the people that wrote it?

NoeOM

Mankind Member
The emulator can rip models

Nemu can rip 3d models from games! Download it (Nemu) and look for the option in the graphic plugin configuration. It may be a bit slow when the exporting option is checked.

OP
F

FredMSloniker

Thanks much! I'll look into that option.

EDIT: NEMU doesn't seem to be working right on my machine. Most of the 2D graphics are missing or bad, and the 3D graphics are textured oddly. (In the title screen, for instance, Waddle Dee has a second face on his back.) I tried poking at the settings without success. Any idea what my problem could be?

Last edited:
OP
F

FredMSloniker

I have a Pentium IV, 3 GHz, with a gig of ram; my video card is a GeForce 6800 GS, I'm running Windows XP, and I have gigs and gigs of HD space. I'm using SoundMAX Digital Audio. Anything else you need to know?

Poobah

I can't even get Nemu64 to run Kirby 64; it crashes after loading the ROM. (Modname: Unknown.)