What's new

IS GC emulation dead?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No. Just because there are no visible signs of activity doesn't mean that the whole GC emulation scene is dead.

Sercio

Is not really dead!
Just for this Computergeneration!
GC emulation needs a high end computer specs which today are very expensive so not everyone has it!
but in 1-2 years it will become at standart and gc emulation will be able!
At this time dolphin are usefull to play Gamecubegames but....
its not stable enough and too slow for this generation of computers!

yegosimo

Bug Killer
yeah i think the same as Sercio
for example, i cannot emulate GC on my computer, but if you have like a super-computer (P4 3.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 512MB Video) then it will easily run.
the problem is that GC emulation is not dead. it is just in its early age.
GC emulation, in human terms, would be like a 2 year-old baby, and PJ64 would be like a 30-year old man. :p

Lightning

Emulator Developer
If you poke around you'll find out that Gekko is in development, however, all of the developers have 2+Ghz systems with fancy new graphics cards. But considering what you are trying to emulate, such speeds are required.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Please keep in mind as emu authors get older, they take on more and more real world responsibilities. Things like Gamecube emulation aren't a priority anymore. This is where new younger talent is needed.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Azimer said:
Please keep in mind as emu authors get older, they take on more and more real world responsibilities. Things like Gamecube emulation aren't a priority anymore. This is where new younger talent is needed.

u guys can't retire i won't let u ;P

|\/|-a-\/

Uli Hecht
don't forget (i already mentioned that in another thread) that there is not much progress in pc cpu speed the last few years... n64 emulation was in a time we waited a year and buyed a cpu which was twice faster... my friend buyed a computer two years ago with a 3ghz cpu, i think it is still called a fast one today!

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Threads like these don't do anything... they don't delay or motivate. They are just a steaming pile of don't.

Sercio

Whats about Fires and ector (creators) ? Are they even looking in this forum or not? I guess not because i didnt see him ever in this forum. Maybe im too new to see a post from him ;)