What's new

Help with WWaker sound files

AleX_XelA

Hey all, well I have extracted everything in the WW iso and I found different sound files :

- some with an .aw extension
- others with a .bms extension
- and some with .afc extension

I have already searched through the forums, and I know .afc files are music and can be listened if imported using CoolEditPro.

I was wondering if it's possible to do the same with the .aw files? .bms files?

Thanks in advance.

If anyone needs them, I can upload all the sounds.

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Alex_XelA . If you can send me outset island (L'Ile d'aurore in french) this could be great .

And thanks again to recognize me in zelda solarus forum .
Everybody think i'm not the guy who create cell zelda mod.
Thanks
Merci beaucoup in french

OP
A

AleX_XelA

Djipi said:
Alex_XelA . If you can send me outset island (L'Ile d'aurore in french) this could be great .

And thanks again to recognize me in zelda solarus forum .
Everybody think i'm not the guy who create cell zelda mod.
Thanks
Merci beaucoup in french

What exactly do you want? The complete map of Outset Island? I wouldn't know where it is, sorry (although I find things everyday!)
And you're welcome! I always know who is who!

Ferramenta said:
Hey AleX_XelA!
Unfortunately, all of The Wind Waker's sound files (except the AFC format files) are sequenced and not compatible with any sound player at the moment.

AFC format files are streamed and supported (at least kind of, it's the only format that somehow sounds "garbled") in the newest version of in_cube, hcs's Winamp plugin for streamed music.

Well, when I was searching through tools and converters, I found some ADCP (or something like that) to WAV converters, I was wondering if the AW file type (and bms) had also a converter? I'm sure it can be possible to decrypt them, but it must be a lot of hard work.

As for the AFC files, it's only music right? No SFX?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Mouser X

Yes, AFC is streamed music. The AW files are being discussed in #usf occasionaly, but no support for them has been made yet. Though, from what I understand (please note I didn't catch the whole converstation), AW files aren't actually music, but are instead an indexing system for the music... So, basically, AW files may, or may not be, music. If my understanding is correct, they're not, and only lead the game to where the music is located (and of course help load those music files).

You might get more information if you check out the #usf chatroom on irc.freenode.net Hopefully this was helpful though. Mouser X over and out.