What's new

Project 64 getting started help pls.

Townzy_89

Hey guys.

i have v1.5 got it from a friend but can not get it to work, i have tried redirecting the plugins. it say's some file is missing?. how do i reinstall it or how can i download v1.6?

OP
T

Townzy_89

yes i went into the sticky thread where it has a link to download it but i dont see it anywhere to download

Poobah

You'll have to give it a miss for now. (I'm sure it'll be back up tomorrow.)

Which file is it saying is missing?

OP
T

Townzy_89

msvcr70.dll and it says i must select video, sound etc plugins but i cant.

it worked at my school computer.

Poobah

I'm guessing that you've just copied over the executable and not all the extra stuff. You'll have to wait for the site to be fixed up, and then download the installer.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
crap. this was left over from problems at weekend and no one told us downloads pages were not working/
think i just fixed it. not sure

edit: ok now i've completely replaced the SEF-URL handling bit of the site, maybe it'll work right now.

Last edited:

NethernyC

Hi Townzy :>
I am new to all this too, but I d/l'ed 1.6 just today. I went to thier official site, www.pj64.net, then on the left click on Downloads, then click on Binaries, and 1.6 is the second one down. I have only been trying to do this for 2 days, but I think pj64 is best. I got tired of my N64 freezing up, so I will try this as a way to play my games on computer. Only Perfect Dark still freezes up on me lol! (and it's hard to play wih a sidewinder)
I hope you find what you are looking for, good luck!