What's new

Emulator Question/Troubleshooting

Boadicean

Here are the steps i have taken:
Ive downloaded, Dolphin, gcemu and Whine as well as the extra .zip and .rar files that comes with each such as, SDL.dll and JOY.dll and ect. Since i am a gamer all my system drivers are up to date.

Ive made a .bin file (1.3GB) and then i realised that the programs look for .gcm, .elf and .dol. Is it possible to rename the ripped image into .gcm or do you need some sort of converter?

Well anyways i converted my .bin file to an .iso. Anytime i try to open the file with one of the 3 emulators i get an illegal message telling me to report to microsoft, or the program just shuts down saying nothing.

I did all this on my desktop to see if it works, but i wanted this emulation to put on my laptop, to bring with me on vacation and not have to bring that cube, hehe.

NOTE:
I'm not asking about where to get gcm or game files, i simply want to know how to work ANY of these emulators to play the game, or how to convert an .iso to .gcm.
Thx
Intel p4 3.4ghz, 1024RAM, Nvidia 7600GT, winXP home sp2, SBLive!

Last edited:

K1rby64

Banned
dolphin emulator only accept gcm's files and renaming the files won't do anything so keep searching for the gcm's ;)

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Where did you get the bin from? Bin is a binary file, NOT an iso, and is probably under 4 mb. (Gamecube limitation) What you want is an iso/gcm, which would range at about 1.4gb (though could be less if shrunk).

OP
B

Boadicean

It's like this place talks in riddles....,.
ok i converted the bin to an iso now how do i convert to and gcm? and the file is 1.3 gb in size so im pretty sure i did good on that part. i saw that there were tools on a sticky to shrink an gcm to its original size or something. its like every little program on here doesnt work, ive tried on both my laptop and desktop.

JKKDARK

K1rby64! You don't need to convert ISO to GCM in Dolphin, You can use the images without problems ;) Only use .GCM files for GCemu ;)

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
GCM is an ISO, just renamed.

How did you convert from BIN to ISO? A BIN file shouldn't be 1.3gb :p

OP
B

Boadicean

ShizZy said:
GCM is an ISO, just renamed.

How did you convert from BIN to ISO? A BIN file shouldn't be 1.3gb :p

You use isobuster to extract the .bin as an .iso. as for the size of a .bin file its always big because it is an image, havent you people ever burned computer games? when there is a .bin there is a .cue file, now the .cue file is the one that has a few KB and the .bin is more like the .iso. it's like .mdf and .mds.
But anyways this is besides the point, i have an ISO now and was wondering how to convert to a gcm so i can maybe use another emulator to try and play.
and for those who dont think an iso can come from a .bin try looking up for isobuster the program. it can convert .bin to .iso

Clements

It is impossible to have a GCM in 'BIN format' if you ripped the game from your original disc, since GC discs have a proprietary file system contrary to regular formats. It may have the extension 'BIN' or 'ISO', but it is still not one of those types of images, but rather a GCM image. If you converted it with Isobuster, then you probably destroyed the image. You should have searched the board for the solution.