What's new

H-e-l-p!!!

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
I just got the ATI Radeon X1600 Pro for my HP Media Center PC m767c and it used to have the Intel 945G. I installed it and used the BIOS of my PC to switch from the onboard graphics card(Supposedly Intel Card) to PCIe and I'm pretty sure that by doing that I am turning on the Radeon Graphics card instead of the Intel. I'm also pretty sure that I uninstalled the right thing from the Device Manager but, after I changed the BIOS it said Intel Intel 945G/P PCI Express or something like that which is wierd especially when I checked the properties off the desktop and it said that the Radeon card was installed...

Here's the catch... Project64 is running SLOWER than before!... I have no clue what to do, or if I did something wrong. Please help! Everyone told me it would make everything better, faster and smoother!

OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
H-e-l-p!

It didn't work perfectly well with the Intel Graphics and it was very glitchy so I wanted to get something that'd make it better and I got the Radeon. Everyone who I talked to before. Internet people, technicians, Best Buy people all said that it was phenominal and would smoothly and easily run my games with no problem... Were they wrong?

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
K1rby64 said:
giltchy dont bother! the importants are the compatibilty and the fps

pls find a hole and drop into it.

to the original poster

pls uninstall the radeon drivers.

then
Update directx
download the latest intel chipset drivers
reinstall the radeon driver

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
also windows will automaticly will disable the onboard gaphics you need to go back in the bios and turn that chip back on because that is aslo your controller hub for memory and system fuctions

WhiteX

Please, listen to what squall said and if it doesn´t help, lean reinstall the emulator.

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
WhiteX said:
Please, listen to what squall said and if it doesn´t help, lean reinstall the emulator.

also read my post i did that before when into the bios and turned off the onboard graphics and windows thought the chip wasn't there that is also the O/I hub for the memory and the system.

WhiteX

...the O/I hub for the memory and the system.

Dude, what are you saying?

If the memory controller gets disabled the PC will not boot, let alone emulate Nintendo 64, he just might have some driver update to do, mostly of his PCI express controller

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
WhiteX said:
Dude, what are you saying?

If the memory controller gets disabled the PC will not boot, let alone emulate Nintendo 64, he just might have some driver update to do, mostly of his PCI express controller

yea that is what i'm talking about the pc will still boot with it disabled but it will run slow

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
PCI Express is enabled as the original poster has stated, as he switched from onboard to PCI-Ex in the bios.

this is nothing more then a software problem

Thundaar said:
but, after I changed the BIOS it said Intel Intel 945G/P PCI Express or something like that which is wierd especially when I checked the properties off the desktop and it said that the Radeon card was installed...

Here's the catch... Project64 is running SLOWER than before!... I have no clue what to do, or if I did something wrong. Please help! Everyone told me it would make everything better, faster and smoother!
yes double post bad me.

the bios said that becoz thats the make and model of the mainboard and bios.

you have a mainboard which has the intel 945g chipset with PCI-Ex support.

video card bios's usually show up before the P.O.S.T screen but sometimes the monitor doesn't 'warm' up enough

heres an updated checklist for you

Download the latest DX9c Redist from www.microsoft.com/directx
Download the latest intel 945g/PCI-Ex drivers from these links
Ethernet Driver
Audio driver
Intel Chipset Driver

download the latest radeon driver from
.net framework (this is so the control center works
Driver package

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
Well... I kinda fucked up.... I set up everything to performance and then it worked better but, it was like the old card. Still... My cousin tried to make the moniter settings to a higher resolution so that the screen would look better but, the moniter wouldn't handle it and it got messed up... I tried to change it back to the original card in hope that I could switch it back but, it just screwed up the computer more. So I bought the computer from Costco and they have a 6 Month Return Policy so I'm getting a Sony VAIO after I recently returned my old HP Computer...

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11153103&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

Even so, I had 2 days before I wouldn't be allowed to return it and I always exchange them for something better anyways...

I talked to someone at Best Buy and they told me that upgrading my ram to 2 gigs and maybe upgrading my power supply to over 450 would help but, they said that even just upgrading the RAM would do it...

I would listen to your advice Squall but, I may not have what it takes in the VIAO for the exact procedure so please give me advice then, I will post later on this week as it should arive by then, thanks for the input though you guys!