What's new

Internet Multiplayer Option

Scar

I know it is to early but will it possible to play across the internet with other people on the DS emulaters like on the Zsnes because i was disapointed when there wasn't one on the VBA.

Cyberman

I don't think anyone would argue against the idea it was possible.
As the NDS uses blue tooth networking, which is definately something that can be emulated. I think it's more a matter of practicality. First 3d graphics etc. as yet do not work particularly well. Second much of the hardware is... undiscovered in terms of function. Blue tooth is probably not directly part of the low level hardware (unless Nintendo makes there own BT chips has a license from the organization and went through a LOT of licensing proceedures to be sure there hardware is complient, all of which is EXTREMELY expensive even for a company the size of Nintendo, not only that it would be for a SINGLE product.. a big waste of money).

In summary very possible to do, however the direct benefit is not obvious. That is basically all I can really say in reguards to it. Especially since most games you cannot save let alone play on available emulators. Emulating the BT hardware... that will take a good deal of work. :)

Cyb

spotanjo3

It is best to focus on increase the games to be playable first then maybe later on for this multiplayer internet option. :)