What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Good free program for retexturing?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
The GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP for short). Like anything it has a learning curve, but it really is a wonderful app. :) Can do everything PS can do for free, and it's open source.

http://www.gimp.org/

DDRPIP

The One and Only
like cool said, PS can do that stuff too, so no need to waste your money on PS
unless you know how to get it for free.. =]

OP
C

Cabbage

DDRPIP said:
like cool said, PS can do that stuff too, so no need to waste your money on PS
unless you know how to get it for free.. =]

Well, my brother's friend has Photoshop and he could send it to me, but thanks for the info! Gonna go to GIMP.

OP
C

Cabbage

Using the GIMP, I made a messed up smudgy image of half of the Hyrule Shield from SSB.

I wanted to save the image in My Documents and name it something else so it won't overwrite the original one.

But it says failed to save, unknown file type.

smcd

Cabbage said:
Using the GIMP, I made a messed up smudgy image of half of the Hyrule Shield from SSB.

I wanted to save the image in My Documents and name it something else so it won't overwrite the original one.

But it says failed to save, unknown file type.

Select the file type in the drop-down list, or if it says "by extension" then type an extension and it will automatically save it as that type (for example, add .png to the end of the desired file name to save as a PNG).

OP
C

Cabbage

sethmcdoogle said:
Select the file type in the drop-down list, or if it says "by extension" then type an extension and it will automatically save it as that type (for example, add .png to the end of the desired file name to save as a PNG).

Yeah, that was my exact problem. Thanks.

ckrhylove

Banned
I'm just here to help promote the gimp. Unless you're doing some cmyk print work, I don't understand why anybody would bother with photoshop.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well they have the same tools but I've used photoshop for about 2 years now and to me they are just to different...
I understand you're just here to promote gimp so I'll just leave it at that... also this thread is solved..XD
cya