What's new

Keyboard?

Backwards

Im sorry to post another thread about keyboard problems, but i just cant figure this out. With certain games i am restricted to using only a set number of actions at one time and it is frustrating.

I have read through some posts and some suggestions say get a USB keyboard and put some controls on the numpad. I have done both of these. I own a USB keyboard and the only controls that arnt on the numpad are the movement keys.

So if anyone has any ideas on what i should do, please help.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Could you be a bit more descriptive?

Youd said

With certain games i am restricted to using only a set number of actions at one time and it is frustrating.

This means what exactly? That the keyboard locks up when you try pressing multiple keys at once?

Van Halen Man

My keyboard does this also, when ever I press three or more keys at once it just beeps and locks up. How DO you fix this?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Van Halen Man said:
My keyboard does this also, when ever I press three or more keys at once it just beeps and locks up. How DO you fix this?
It's a keyboard limitation.

Either go through all the keys on your keyboard until you find a combination that let's you press multiple keys at once without locking up... or buy a gamepad.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Agozer said:
It's a keyboard limitation.

Either go through all the keys on your keyboard until you find a combination that let's you press multiple keys at once without locking up... or buy a gamepad.

its not a keyboard limitation

its a limitation of the number of concurrent data streams acn be open on a ps2 port.

usb keyboards shouldn't have this problem and if they do your likely using a ps2 > usb converter.

OP
B

Backwards

hmm

thats weird because i do have a USB only keyboard. It's cable runs directly from the keyboard to the computer and the end of it is only USB. So yeah, dont know whats going on there but i shall try what you said.