What's new

Some issues...(UGH!)

Naters

Banned
Okay, I've tried allot of things before I've posted so I'm not some lazy noob. First I had the iocontrol issue, but I solved it with aspci driver fix. Then I realized my .cdi file is not bootable. I tried exo's boot software....and failed miserably (Im too stupid). Then I tried the utopia boot disc, the disc itself works fine- but once its loaded I don't know what to do. I switch the mounted image to the game .cdi and it doesn't do anything. I've been staring at a swirling reindeer for about an hour. WTF do I do.

The game is Street Fighter III- I know the file is good.
I just need the easiest way to get it to boot.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
N

Naters

Banned
Oh yea, Pavlick's patch makes the boot disc non-functioning. I've tried it on just about every Utopia version, 1.3 1.5 etc...

supa_hedghog

Also 1.3.2.4

Naters said:
Oh yea, Pavlick's patch makes the boot disc non-functioning. I've tried it on just about every Utopia version, 1.3 1.5 etc...

Yeah You Should Also Try Utopia version 1.3.2.4 it works really well
I suggest you use bittorent iso they already have selfbootible files in them

Special Thanks
Credits:EMUTalk.net
By: :sombrero: Supa_hedghog:sombrero:

OP
N

Naters

Banned
Oh and something else is happening now. When I switch the mounted files a window pops up of the drive (like the header of the window is F:\ - the name of the virtual drive) with a bin file and windows then starts searching for an autoplay file-which It says is missing....Bizarre. If I try to do anything with the .bin file it says 'error cyclic redundancy check' or something. It might have nothing to do with it.

supa_hedghog

Naters said:
Oh and something else is happening now. When I switch the mounted files a window pops up of the drive (like the header of the window is F:\ - the name of the virtual drive) with a bin file and windows then starts searching for an autoplay file-which It says is missing....Bizarre. If I try to do anything with the .bin file it says 'error cyclic redundancy check' or something. It might have nothing to do with it.

I Think You Have A Fake ISO I Had Many Fake ISO's After That I Tried ISohunt.com And It Came Through For Me Tell Me What Site Did you get the iso

OP
N

Naters

Banned
Damn. I tried bittorrent search...the only torrent that comes up is missing. Oh well. My iso is probably crap. It took so fricking long to download ARGH!!!. Can't find utopia version 1.3.2.4 <--- probably doesn't matter cause my file is crap. Well that is the end of my dreamcast emulation adventure.

supa_hedghog

Naters said:
Damn. I tried bittorrent search...the only torrent that comes up is missing. Oh well. My iso is probably crap. It took so fricking long to download ARGH!!!. Can't find utopia version 1.3.2.4 <--- probably doesn't matter cause my file is crap. Well that is the end of my dreamcast emulation adventure.

You Want Sonic Adventure 2 For Chankast Ill Upload It For You And It Works I Checked It And Finished it, Got IT FROM ISOHUNT.COM

OP
N

Naters

Banned
All I wanted was SFIII, thanks though.

Is there anyother platform that is more easily emulated that it is available for?

Last edited:

supa_hedghog

Mame

Naters said:
All I wanted was SFIII, thanks though.

Is there anyother platform that is more easily emulated that it is available for?

Mame Is A easy EMU That You Can Play SF3 On it Ill Upload it for you But You can only play it on mame

OP
N

Naters

Banned
supa_hedghog said:
Mame Is A easy EMU That You Can Play SF3 On it Ill Upload it for you But You can only play it on mame

Are you sure? What platform does mame emulate that has SF3?

supa_hedghog

Naters said:
Are you sure? What platform does mame emulate that has SF3?
Im Not Realy Smart With That But it looks the same as in chankast the only problem is that there is no sound but perfect graphics

PS I own SF3 for dreamcast sO i KNOW wHAT IM tALKING aBOUT

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
MAME can't emulate the arcade version of SFIII since it runs on CPS-3 hardware which is a bitch to emulate in general.

Chankast runs SFIII: Third Strike pretty much perfectly.

supa_hedghog

Agozer said:
MAME can't emulate the arcade version of SFIII since it runs on CPS-3 hardware which is a bitch to emulate in general.

Chankast runs SFIII: Third Strike pretty much perfectly.
Oh But If You Ask Me It Really Looks The Same Can You Help Me In My Problem About Sonic Adventure 2 Graphic Problem Thank You

OP
N

Naters

Banned
Agozer...can you just tell me the name of the file (street fighter III) and how big it is so I can check it with my dump. And is yours self-booting, and if not how did you get it to run properly.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yes, mine is selfboot. The DVD I have it on is not here right now, so you have to wait for that size report.

It's an NRG Nero image. NTSC version too, IIRC.

OP
N

Naters

Banned
I got a new dump and it works with the boot disc. It has some weird graphical issues, and I enabled the alpha write and the other thing and they are still there. You can see like seams on the character sprites. Plus the sound gets really crappy at times. Is this the norm, cause other then that it runs fine.