What's new

Basic Questions Re: Saving

MrDetermination

How does this work? ??? I understand and use state saves.

Do the real deal carts have a "flash memory" in them for save slots? Does emulation simulate this memory?

The save feature in Zelda works (emulated)

Mario Kart does not remember statistics per track, however. Also, it seems to not remember that I've completed races... there is no designation for what trophy was won in the 50-150 select screen... though this may be a graphics issue I realize. So what gives?

Last question:

If I get an adaptoid will it use a rumble/save pack just like it does on the real deal?

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
MrDetermination said:
Do the real deal carts have a "flash memory" in them for save slots? Does emulation simulate this memory?

Yes, But Most Older Carts dont have FlashRAM & Yes, it Emulates it...

MrDetermination said:
Mario Kart does not remember statistics per track, however. Also, it seems to not remember that I've completed races... there is no designation for what trophy was won in the 50-150 select screen... though this may be a graphics issue I realize. So what gives?

It Accually Depends Where you saved it at, If You Do a Save Slot right after you do a time trial race, then Do MarioGP & Win but Dont Save it to a Save Slot, It will save to the SRAM but not the Save Slot. So, When you come back to the rom & Reload the State From the Time Trial, It will overwrite what is in the SRAM & lose whatever you had.

MrDetermination said:
Last question:

OK :sleepy:

MrDetermination said:
If I get an adaptoid will it use a rumble/save pack just like it does on the real deal?

Yes, If You Use SJRs Adaptiod Plugin or N-Rages Input Plug, You Can Have Options to Load & Save to the Controller Pack & Be Able to Use it On Your Real N64 :) , also Has Rumble Pack Features... Very Nice too, because I have one :cool:

Last edited: