What's new

Tryangular graphics in Sonic adventure 2

jonnyczi

Hey I have played this on my pc and it works great but my laptop has problems.

If my graphics look like this:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/jonnyczi/chankast/chankastgraphicsbug.jpg

and my graphics specs are this:
(sorry can't get the image to load properly so I did this)
graphicsspecs.gif

1.5 gig ram
pentium m 1.73 ghz.

I manage to get the game at full speed but low fps.

I used the same folder from my pc.
One problem with my pc is that I can't see big boo boom's shadow in the ground so I can't kill him.

One problem for both is when I run in the loop de loops(not all of them) I get stuck running back and forth in it so I have to jump or stop running to get out.

Plz! any help will be apreciated I have always wanted to play SA2 on the go.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Your laptop has an integrated graphics chip. Chankast works very poorly on computers with integrated graphics chips.

and fix your links.

OP
J

jonnyczi

Agozer said:
Your laptop has an integrated graphics chip. Chankast works very poorly on computers with integrated graphics chips.

and fix your links.

thx I thaught so. Intergrated sux aspecialy when you have 2 years waranty left on it.

What about my other problems.

Last edited:

Mouser X

jonnyczi said:
One problem with my pc is that I can't see big boo boom's shadow in the ground so I can't kill him.

One problem for both is when I run in the loop de loops(not all of them) I get stuck running back and forth in it so I have to jump or stop running to get out.

Plz! any help will be apreciated I have always wanted to play SA2 on the go.

The shadow bug is an emulation problem, and can't be fixed with out an update to the emulator. Check NGEmu and search through the Dreamcast compatibility database. A few people have commented on the bug there. I seem to recall that certain graphics cards might fix this problem (Nvidia as opposed to Radeon, or somethng?), but I'm pretty sure it's been said elsewhere that the shadow bug is not currently fixable.

As for the loop the loop issues, I'd guess it's also emulation related, and can't be fixed at this time. Sorry to break the news, but hopefully it's helpful. On the positive side, "Big Boo Boom" is beatable on the emulator, but it's very very difficult, and time consuming. I don't remember what the solution was, but it had to do with listening for certain sound effects at a certain time. I think it was mentioned at NGEmu. Good luck with it though. Mouser X over and out.

OP
J

jonnyczi

thanks alot everyone. I knew they were emulation problems but hope the devs are working hard on next release.

Maybe the next release will be the perfect emulator.