What's new

These Emulators Rock!

NintenDS

Seek 'n' Destroy
If all the DS emulator where built into one, their would be less waiting for releases and the DS Emulation over take the PSP Emulation Scene.

Please tell me what you think.

Toasty

Sony battery
And if all the countries joined into one, we would have fewer wars! For better or worse, people tend to have different ideas about how to go about things, and many such people are very insistent upon getting their own way. On the other hand, some people just don't work well with others.

Low Lines

Who cares if PSP emulation is further than NDS emulation, it just means Sony did a much poorer job at making their console hack proof :evil:

But no there's a lot more to it than that, I mean the most obvious point is the fact the NDS uses two screens (one of which is a touch screen) that work in sync with each other, which makes it a lot more difficult to get emulate.

:(
Why is it though people think that combining emulators together will make it go faster? I mean you will be relying on fewer people, hence more pressure on the programmers. And it's evident that the number of coders on a project does not significantly increase the progress as everyone has their own pace and skills.

Also, it would end any competition between authors, as I'm sure they do like to see who's emulator works best (from time to time ;)) and a key element in any project is the motivation or goal, cos if you have nothing to look towards, what would be the point in doing something? Though this might just be me, but I think competition is the best kind of motivation ;)

And here is another factor you could consider....Normmatt speaks english, NDeSmuME (author NDS) is Italian and NeeDS (Maxhoov) is Chinese. How much of a hassle do you think it would be to try and communicate between authors who most likely have no idea on what the other parties are saying ;)

Anyway regardless of the ROCK HARD facts, iDeaS still Rulz :bouncy:

Cyberman

A multiple person project takes 3 times as much work.
For example Q-gears has had much progress however some people are damn busy who are working on small but important components. Others are raging through things so fast that the whole infrastructure gets convoluted. Bottom line it's not that easy. People are different people they cannot so easy be squished together and work together. This takes a great deal of effort alone to get the job done.

Yes you can get more done and developement can continue. However differences in all sorts of things creates problems. This is why they have this thing called protocol and administration. It keeps people working together inspite of themselves. All that takes time.

Cyb

Low Lines

Cyberman said:
Yes you can get more done and developement can continue. However differences in all sorts of things creates problems. This is why they have this thing called protocol and administration. It keeps people working together inspite of themselves. All that takes time.

Oh bugger.....I was hoping to top this thread....nicely said Cyberman ;)

Low Lines

It's sort of the same thing again....they all have their own reasons.

- YopYop quitted because it became illegal to work on DeSmuME in France
- Lino has stopped because he has had a big break and gotten a programming career that actually pays money ;)
- And other authors just stop because they just get bored or too irritated by the noobs who harass them :(

Dark_Ansem

I think that a PSP emulator will ot be possible until very very far... after all, no DS emulator has yet been proved able to run correctly Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow right?

spotanjo3

Dark,

Right! We will have to wait for now. Just go and play NDS lite and the games for a while if you have or just wait. :)

Dark_Ansem

ah you bet that, however, I don't think I'm in a rush for ripping, not many games to start with (apart casltevania probably)

Low Lines

Hmm well....for me it would have to be all the Yoshi games (Yoshi Touch & Go, upcoming Yoshi's Island 2)...I mean if I ever had the interest, I could make up a flash game using the sprites ;) Though I tend to get bored after a while, due to the extensive effort you need to put in...

But of course, this would be for future reference, nothing with the immediate present time ;) GBA & NDS are a really good resource for sprites and that (as well as all the older ones), though you wouldn't be able show it off because you'd be technically breaching copyright :p