What's new

my xp is ruined

RPGlover12

ok guys here is my proplem , when i open my computer and then close it then open it again the whole windows shows the background and then shows the icon again and this is hell confusing me just showing the background then after 1 min it shows every thing again and i can't find any fix for it so any body can hlep me

linker

Emutalk Member
RPGlover12 said:
ok guys here is my proplem , when i open my computer and then close it then open it again the whole windows shows the background and then shows the icon again and this is hell confusing me just showing the background then after 1 min it shows every thing again and i can't find any fix for it so any body can hlep me

You what?

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i dont completely get the prob. but r u basically saying that applications take ages to minimise and sorta look like they've frozen in the background?

im guessing that ur processor is too slow for XP...although it could be solved by getting more ram. 512 should do it. winxp is a resource hog unless u hav a fast pc. then its fast. i

Trotterwatch

I've actually installed WinXP Pro on my Sister's K62-450, 128mb ram and a TNT2 M64 Card and it's faster than Win98 :)

I only installed it for a laugh after Windows 98 starting crashing constantly even after reformatting - at the moment I have turned off a little of the XP eye candy (no difference in asthetics unless you look hard though) and I have also turned off all uneeded background services.

flow``

flow``
this sometimes happens with me with IE, like if i go to a site and IE won't connect and starts to time.. just hit control+alt+delete and wait a little bit for it to kill it.

i also understand what you mean about overlapping progs showing in the IE window, since it won't minimize or refresh the application when timing..

i've got 768 ram, on a 1.05 athlon.. i think its just a flaw in XP or something, nothing to worry about really though

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

ok am going to say the proplem again
when i open my computer or ie if i just opened one of them then closed it then reopen it again the whole windows disapear all the icons only the background appears and after a minute it come back i want this proplem to be over so how can i do it its totally pissin me off so please help me guys
and alsoanother proplem that i bought a fritz isdn card and it connects at 1.8 mgs and it downloads at 14.8 what the heck is this is it my modem or what , what is the proplem with this card

Olger901

Banned
Windows XP sux

I don't like Windows XP. Because I didn't trust it completly at first I did a complete Install with Dual Boot for Win98 and WinXP Pro. When I finished installing XP the first time I booted XP it got stuck with my LAN settings, My pc was totally crashed. After it I got it finally to work but now as soon as I insert my internet cable into the Hub the intnernet works for about 2 minutes and then my pc reboots itsself automatically So if anyone could help me with this prob it would be great. I also got a few other problems with my printer and stuff. But I don't care about that. (I also updated my BIOS !)

Trotterwatch

Go to Start>Run and type in eventvwr.msc

Now check Application and System sections, and see if what error entries are in both. This will in most cases narrow down exactly what problem you are having, search for that problem in Google and you have a fix.

I take it you ran the compatability test before upgrading though? I have now upgraded two systems with XP with no problems whatsoever - indeed neither of them have crashed yet either!