What's new

Mystical Ninja Goemon

Shuri

Anyone hungry for BBQ penguin?
This isn't listed in the game faq section so I thought I'd bring it up, it's way too slow! It's fine if you just walk straight but turning, even slightly, brings the FPS down from about 40 to 15. Other than that, there are no problems for this game... except that the textures don't show on bosses, or atleast the first one which I was able to beat even though I had to go through all that turning. (damn Mount Fuji and it's roundness!)

Typify

Nolife
It clearly states in the ROM browser that there are issues with the plugin and that the video is slow. You might want to try Rice's plugin with that game (though I don't know will that make a difference)

Zera

They say the best combination for this game is Rice's plugin with 1964. Make sure you check the options "Faster loading titles" and "Alternative texture size calculation". This is just for the graphics though, the sound will still have some glitches. Use Azimer's plugin or Jabo's lastest sound plugin. This will make it play the best way possible for now. Try it.

EDIT: It is playable for me in the defaut config. If you have a good pc, change the counter factor to 1 and the slowdowns should be less frequent. Also, turn off the frame limiter and the sound won't pop up anymore. Give it a try too.

Last edited:
OP
Shuri

Shuri

Anyone hungry for BBQ penguin?
Jefix said:
Use Rice's 5.9.9. It works best for me.
Ok I will... once I find out where it is.
EDIT: Found it, but I can't extract the DLL file, it says it's corrupted...

Last edited: