What's new

Nvidia drivers 91.31 shoot down performance in PJ64

ashir

Hi everyone:

I have an P4 2.53 Ghz, 1 GB DDR 333, GeForce 6200 256 MB and a HD WD 80 GB SATA.

With this configuration I was playing ALL N64 games in PJ64 with 800x600x32x60 Hz, transfer memory, anisotropic filtering 16x, full scene antialiasing 4x, super 2xSai textures. In this way I was having 60+ FPS, no problems, no slowdowns.

I was using the 84.21 version of the Nvidia drivers. Then I upgraded my 3D drivers to the 91.31... VERY BAD IDEA.

I don't what the hell happend but I tried to play Pokemon stadium and I almost cry. The announcer voice was playing sticky, like a bad tape in a very bad and horrible walkman... EVEN MARIO 64 IS SLOW!!!.

Hafter a whole week triying every possible combination for all the options I get one conclusion: THESE DRIVERS SUCKS!!!. I don't known exactly what they do to kill my performance, but now I can't play on PJ64 because before I was having 60+ FPS and now I barely reach the 30 FPS.

And the worst is that ONLY happend in this emu, any other emu, of any other console runs better with the new drivers. Heck, even my PC games runs better and faster, but with this emu I'm done for: no more N64 games for me.

If someone knows how to remove EVERY single file and reg key of the new driver, thanks sooooooo much.

NVIDIA USERS DON'T INSTALL THE 91.31 DRIVER BECAUSE IT'S GOING TO KILL YOUR PERFORMANCE IN PJ64.

Clements

More likely a driver problem, since 6200 is more than enough and it was working perfectly before. I'm using 91.33, and they are less buggy than 91.31.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
lol, depends on the user, 91.33 has more bugs compared to 91.31 when it comes to movie files and clips.

91.31 has the famous sli popup message, and 91.28 thinks everyone has sli :O

gandalf

Member ready to help
i don´t want to create another similar thread.
with 81.98´s and 6600GT i have frame buffer problems in Banjo Tooie with the Jiggywiggy puzzle, pause background it´s ok

Smiff

Emutalk Member
there are various utils to remove drivers, ive never needed them but try guru3d.com.

im not touching 9x.xx until utilities like RivaTuner and nHancer are updated.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
nhancer already works with 9x, you just need nhancer 2.0 Beta 7

is the 6200 a turbo cache model.. i have seen some issues with this version with the newer drivers.