What's new

I aplogize if this issue has been addressed already, but...

Purin

I'm having some slight troubles with using a controller for online play. The controller (a GCN controller hooked up to my computer via a USB adapter I purchased off eBay) works fine when I attempt to play games in single player, and works okay when I host games, but when I join games or when others join my games the second, third, and fourth controllers aren't recognized at all. Is this a settings problem I have, or am I doing something wrong in hosting the game? For reference, the only game I've tried playing online so far is Super Smash Bros.

Another issue that doesn't bother me too much but I'd like to ask about is the slightly choppy sound that occurs when I play the game. I've tried not limiting the FPS of the game, but that just brings the game speed up to 200+ FPS, a pretty unplayable speed. The sound driver I am using right now is Azimer's Audio v. 0.3, if that has anything to do with it.

Thank you all in advance.

Ninja Edit: For reference, my computer's specs are well above the required to play PJ64: AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1gig of RAM, 128mb NVidia GeForce FX5600 Ultra

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You SHOULD limit the speed. It's there for a reason. Enable FPS limiter and if sound is choppy, enable sync sound in audio plugin configuration.

OP
Purin

Purin

Alright, the sound is much better now, perfect even. Thank you.
No progress on the controller problem though.

dominatrixdave

Did you check the "Plugged In" box for all four controllers in the input plugin setup? Maybe it's automatically resetting it to default or somethin'.

OP
Purin

Purin

No, that didn't do anything.
It seems like there's something wrong with my connection or my settings in PJ64. Others can move when I cannot, and vice versa. o-0;;