What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Doubutsu no Mori - Animal Crossing

VascoAlmeida

I didnt know of Animal Crossing for N64, but a friend of mine told me about it...
The game is called Doubutsu no Mori, and it was only for Japan.
Doubutsu no Mori is exactly equal to Gamecube AnimalCrossing, including the graphics, etc...

I am thinking of doing an High Resolution Texture project for this game, but the problem is that, i would like to translate it first...
Does anyone know a program, so im able to open the N64 Rom...
Inside the Doubutsu no Mori, im almost sure that the script of the game will be on a type of file that i can edit...

Im saying this, because i already edited many DS roms, and Gamecube Isos and most of them have their scripts on files that we can edit easily...

semttulo1yz.jpg

Last edited:
OP
V

VascoAlmeida

Many of the translations will be done with some software that i payed of, many time ago...
I already tryed converting some japanese to English and it works sooooo weeeell.

But the problem is that i dont have the program to dissamble the Rom and then Resamble.

Then again im going first to re-texture, using Photo Shop CS2, using the Poster Edges Filter...maybe and only maybe...

Give me some advices...please

PS:. Rofl I dont know, how to Take out the Textures of the Rom, I tried the Rice Video 6.1.0, but it only gave me 200 textures and i know the game, has a looooooooooooooooot more than that... Can anyone point me a Tutorial or something ? Thanks

Last edited:

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
The textures get dumped as they are loaded by the game. So you'll have to play through the game to get everything dumped.

OP
V

VascoAlmeida

Holly Sh*t... I cant play a game, that i dont know, what they say...

Could anyone help me get all the textures ? Ill send the game via PM to anyone that wants the game...

Sorry for the Double post.... Can someone give me a tutorial for ripping Textures ? or explain it to me ? thanks

The game will be looking like this... of course i took the picture itsefl and put the filter on it..but all the textures will be done on that filter, so i think it will look like this on the final...

semttulo1yz5pf.jpg

Opinions ?

Last edited by a moderator:

mode7

I've to admit, that I'm not a big fan of filtered textures. Doesn't really look better than the original and Rice can do some filtering internally anyway.

But I think it's a great idea to translate this game.

OP
V

VascoAlmeida

Yeah, im quitting the Texture part, for now...

But i still need the N64 rom Dissambler so i can get the Scripts out of the game to translate....

tailslol

the cell shading effect in border(black border) is near imposible to do i think ... and animal crosing dont need hi resolution textures because with filter you got near the same quality of gc or ds version...
i think a new style will be realy better

Litherish

Miretank said:
That guy isn't doing a full translation...so its useless, and he is working on something else. So....dead thread basically...

Vasco, good luck! This game has 3x's the script of an average RPG, but a translation would be awesome!

Well, I started playing around with the game, while I let Rice Video dump the textures to a folder. I'm not sure if this is good news or not but it puts in every Japanese character in its own little picture. But I seriously doubt that they mean much without the other characters in the words...so changing those characters means little, now if it started dumping the whole text bubble.

Then it would make things much easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fantasy4ever222

I really need a translation...I mean...I have no Idea on Japanese language what so ever...so Please...If you can just start on the language first before any graphical related changes...That would be great...Thanks

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
How about just getting the US version of the game for the Gamecube, or the more recent one for the DS. It's going to be a large process to translate this game, and would easily take several years for one person to work on it.

Cabbage

I could help giving you quotes of what the GC Animal Crossing Game says if you want. That will take a loooooooooong while. Or maybe you could find a Text Dump faq. I am not sure if the GC and N64 version say the same things, though.

Litherish

I bought a gamecube with a bunch of accessories for 40$ at a garage sale, borrowed my friends copy of Animal Crossing and his mem card, so I can play in his town. And BANG I've got a translated version of Animal Forest. :bouncy: :matrix: :sombrero: :king: :party: :drool: :cat: :shaun: :batman: :flowers: :santa: :nemu: :mupen64: :evil: :angry: