What's new

Is there a device that can dump or back-up N64 saves?

Nintendo Maniac

I'm looking for something to dump my N64 saves, because I'm assuming people will figure out a way to use them on the Wii's virtual console and because I'm afraid that my battery-saves will be dieing soon... I don't want all that work to be useless. It would need to dump saves from both the N64 cart and a memory card.

Allnatural

NES_player4LIFE said:
sorry we don't do back up devices here
Read before you post please.

The DexDrive is the only device I'm aware of. It only supports mempaks saves, and I doubt they're still being manufactured. Check ebay.

OP
Nintendo Maniac

Nintendo Maniac

Well, are DexDrive saves compatible with emulators? Preferably 1964, Mupen64, PJ64 (most prefered to least)

Allnatural

Nintendo Maniac said:
Well, are DexDrive saves compatible with emulators? Preferably 1964, Mupen64, PJ64 (most prefered to least)
N-Rage's plugin supports them, but to be honest I've never been able to get dexdrive saves to load. I didn't put much effort into it though; you might have better luck.

OP
Nintendo Maniac

Nintendo Maniac

Oh dang, I just realized, you said it only dumped memery card saves. >.< dang it! I don't want to go through DK64 again... (Beaver Bother >_>) And then there's my uber Mario Kart 64 times... O_O oh... my dad would KILL himself if he lost all his goldeneye progress!

smcd

I still have original NES cartridges with battery saves and they still work, well over 14 - 15 years or so. I don't think you'll have to worry about your newer battery saves (64 carts) dying within the next couple years based on previous performance. :)