What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

How do you dump and get the textures?

Vinilipe

Brazillian EmuTalk Member
Just not to start another thread...
The plugin doesn't load my hi-res textures! I do everything right, but it just doesnt!
I already had this problem but it stopped... but now its back!
Anyone have a sugestion of what i could do?

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
Okay.. sorry again but I thought I understood but I don't..
How do you get the textures from the game?
Do you select Dump Textures from Video Sttings>Texture Filters?
Sorry about this...[Kicks himself]

Last edited:

gamemaster777

To DDRPIP: Yes, you click "dump textures to files" and then it will be in C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\texture_dump, if you installed Project 64 to the default.

To Vinilipe: You must be doing something wrong or it would work. Check to make sure the textures are the right size, they can be increased 2-4 times like a 32x32 can be a 128x128, 32x64 can be a 128x256. Make sure you made your alpha textures properly, I've accidentally inverted mine once. I always check everything if mine isn't working properly and I see the mistake I made in a few seconds. I'm sure you did but double check that you named it properly.

If you need anymore help, I'd be happy to, as long as I'm coming on here, which I should be in the next few days.

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
thanks man.
oh yeah, is there a place where you can find Paper Mario 2 (1000 year door) sprite sheets or anything related to it? It would make it easier to create the textures..cause I'm working on a project....eventually
@gamemaster777: yeah something happened and it would only get the logo's the first time i did it, but it works now

EDIT:is there an easy way to make a new background, title screen for Paper Mario? because it combines a bunch of bars to make a big picture and I can't figure out which ones go to what background or title screen...

Last edited:

Vinilipe

Brazillian EmuTalk Member
No the size is fine...
Something really strange:
I had some old texture dumps for my turok project, and tried to edit them...
AND the plugin load them!
It's like the problem is not with the hires textures, but with the texture dumping!

gamemaster777

TO DDRPIP: Make sure you go to the part in the game that you want to retexture, because it only dumps textures from the game as they are loaded, so you can't just you leave it at the start screen and walk off for an hour and think that its going to have dumped all the textures in the game. I like it that way though, it makes it easier to know what part of the game the textures came from.

A lot of times things are made up of combined textures, and you just have to deal with it. To figure out where they go just paint numbers on them and different colors, that's how I mapped out the sky which had like 51 combined little textures, because I'm planning on retexturing it later, that's also how I figure out where textures are used in the game if I'm not for sure. If your making hi res textures that look exactly like the original but just better then you don't always have to map it out, like you wouldn't have to on the sky, just do each texture high res. I'm wanting to put a floating pyarmid in the sky with clouds around it sometime, so I needed to map the sky. Mode 7 just told me a good way to work with the many textures that combine to form something, such as the sky, but you'll still have to find out where they go, but it's easier to paint or create new ones because your working with all of them together like one pic instead of a 50 little pics that you combine.(It's in my thread called "check out my Super Mario textures").

To Vinilipe: So you know how to do dump and retexture properly and have been successful at it, and it's some more complex problem? I'm very new at this so I don't know a ton, but go ahead and describe a little bit about the problem and what your trying to retexture.

Last edited:
OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
Thanks alot man that really helps, and it's obvious I'm a n00b to this ya know?
heh thanks for dealing with it and answering a question probobly asked 1000 times..XD
peace

Tapper

is it just me or do the textures for the people in OOT not dumped when dumping textures? All I ever get of someone is the iamge that changes for there eyes to blink and thats it. Am I doing something wrong?