What's new

The GameCube Advanced Extractor (Pre-production)

Miles Lombardi

The GameCube Advanced Extractor
Current Stage: Pre-production

The GameCube Advanced Extractor, or GCAE for short, is a program to view several different GameCube formats, in one application. When complete the program shall be able to view models and textures from the games: Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda: FSA, Zelda: WW, Animal Crossing and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. It will have a very accessible GUI and will be easy to use.
The program is currently in Pre-production stages, which is documenting the formats from these ROMs and making a format specification file for them.

Next stage is Production, the actual coding of the application.

Also, the program shall run on Windows, MacOS and Linux.​

NoeOM

Mankind Member
Wow

If it only had a date, it would be the most impressive afimation about an emulation (or emulation realted) project I have ever heard!

Get lucky and, by the way... do you need a programming colleague?

NoeOM

Mankind Member
This is why it's called a "project"

Because you project something. When you start working, you attemp to do what you projected. The project is the first thing to do so, it's the usual way to do the things! First, the project, then the results :shifty:

P.D: I continue offering myself as a programmer for the project!

Last edited:

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Good luck to you Miles...

I have gone through about two dozen projects. If I announced each project officially, no one would believe anything I have to say. You have a lot of work to do to keep your name from being mud.

GaryCXJk

Note that a project sometimes needs more than one person to get it done faster. Announcing it in public can help in getting people to help. Seeing as this is a big project, you just can't expect someone to do it all by himself.

BlueFalcon7

OK, your getting way ahead of yourself...

first of all, get a GC iso extractor working, then we work from there. Its how all projects work. Photoshop wasnt built in one heap of code, and then compiled and running. Adobe has been working for years, and adding features.

So, work on stuff as needed.

Good luck.

Last edited: