What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Argh, I really suck at this!

Terranigma

Ok, I've been running a few tests on making my own hi-res pack and I'm encountering the weirdest problems. Am I the only one here that sucks this much?

Anyway, I've been messing around with Harvest Moon 64 and I've finally had some success. The problem is, the Harvest Moon 64 rom doesn't run very well on 1964's OpenGL mode. If I run the game in OpenGL, I get a rectangle in the screen area that shows graphics while the rest of it is black. I tried running it in DirectX, only to see that my work (the retexture) doesn't show up!

I took the bottom half of the word "Serious Fun" from the Natsume logo and I just basically scribbled all over it. I can see it fine with OpenGL, but in DirectX, the bottom half (the part I messed around with) of "Serious Fun" doesn't show up. This sucks!

I'm running 1964 with an GeForce 2 MX graphics cards, can someone tell me what's the best way to configure HM 64 on the emu, cause I'm having no luck with it. If I play the game in DirectX, the texture dumps are totally screwed up. They're all green, or they end up as single colored boxes.

Update 1: Ok, I recall someone telling me to make the texture 4x the size of the original one. I tried to fix up the spelling error in the title screen (Natume to Natsume) and made it 4x the size. When I get to the screen in OpenGL, it actually managed to cause the graphics to show up in the entire screen with some glitches. The problem is, the words that I fixed is all scrambled little dots in the corner (where the words are suppose to be). WTF?

If I didn't make the texture 4x the size, I'll end up seeing the block of graphics with everything else black again. I can't see my texture when it's like this.

Last edited:

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
nah, you dont suck, it's just your video card. those old geforce 2 video cards dont work very well with the emulators since they dont support pixel shaders or any of the newer features. i would suggest just upgrading your video card to something that supports pixel shaders 2.0 or higher. but, if you cant afford it, try using nvidia drivers vesion 56.72 if you arent already, i've found they work best with those cards. then you'll probly just have to tweak the settings to fit your video card to get the thing to display fairly good. even then, you still wont be able to display everything properly until you get a newer video card. there could be a problem with rice's plugin too maybe. if the graphics arent being emulated properly and are displaying weird, they will dump like that too. hope this helps you terranigma. sorry if it doesnt.

OP
T

Terranigma

Thanks for the info, I already have the lastest Nvidia driver so that's not helping. I know the graphics can be dumped, I saw them. The problem right now is that I can't see the new textures I inserted into the game. Or that if I make them 4x the size, it's just really screwed up for some reason. Ah well, I'll go run more tests and see if I can figure it out. But I've notice that the textures don't always load as PNGs. I notice that if the dump is originally a bitmap, I should keep it as a bitmap.

Vanit

I'm not sure if it will make much of a difference. But I had no trouble using Project 64 on my GeForce 2 So I'd suggest giving that a whirl. But I think you are well over due for an upgrade :). You can get a GeForce FX5700 pretty cheap now and they're fairly good.

OP
T

Terranigma

Yeah I know, I need an upgrade, but right now, I want to know what else I'm doing wrong. Like I said, I managed to scribble on the Natsume, Serious Fun logo, but it'll only show up if it's normal size. Someone told me to make it 4x the size and when I did do it, it won't show up.

Miles Lombardi

legend of zelda said:
nah, you dont suck, it's just your video card. those old geforce 2 video cards dont work very well with the emulators since they dont support pixel shaders or any of the newer features. i would suggest just upgrading your video card to something that supports pixel shaders 2.0 or higher.

For an N64 emu? I'm using an NVidia TnT2 with 32MB of memory and I get 40-50 fps running Zelda: OOT.