What's new

New user Q's: Plug-ins, SW1:Pod, WipeOut, Road Rash and .ini

MrDetermination

Hello,

In no time at all I'll be helping out newbies, but for now I need a kickstart. I've read the FAQ, searched the forums, and tinkered... but I still have some questions if I may.

Plug-Ins:

Is there an FAW to plugins somewhere? I have tried a graphics plug in mainly for SW1: Pod Racer after having read that it was supposed to clear up the issues with running that game. RCP d3d is what I tried, but with each of the RCP settings I crashed. I'll get back to SW in a second.

Are plugins universal between the different emulators? Which all ones do I need to get started properly?

SW1: Pod Racer

The game runs fine in jabo 7/1.40, its the GUI that kills me. I can't see what I'm picking for nothing, all the text is blacked out. I've tried switching to "internal" in there, and that didn't do a thing.

Wipeout:

I have no hud and the GUI takes FOREVER to load. When I pause it I can not see the menu. Though this version is so much more fluid than any other version I have, and SO much prettier at 1280x960 that I really hope you can fix me up here.

Road Rash:

The top half of the screen is green, no matter what I do.

.ini files:

This image was posted by someone else. I have no clue how to set individual game .ini files? Can somebody explain the basics here?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

OP
MrDetermination

MrDetermination

What does "rdb" mean? Sorry, I've been at this emulation thing for all of like 3 hours :)

I have an:
Athlon 1.33 w/512mb Crucial PC2100 ram
Windows 2000 professional
Nvidia GeForce2 GTS/64mb

I am using
Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40
Jabo's DirectSound 1.40
Jabo's DirectInput7 1.40

Thanks!

Can you tell me a little about how individual .ini files work, and maybe a little bit about what setting combinations to try first and when?

Trotterwatch

To play Road Rash correctly simply go into the rom settings when the game is running and turn off the expansion pack, then reset the rom.

The game will now run as it was intended to.