What's new

desmume speed prob.

Razgriz/Glenn

Here's the problem: I played Lunar: Dragon song on v3.3 with around 55-50 fps, on v3.4 i can't even get 30! Isn't there a way to get a higher fps on 3.4?

spotanjo3

No..there is nothing you can do. You have to wait. >.<

EDIT: Try NeeDS 0.0.1 and find it right here in the thread before your thread that you posted. :)

OP
R

Razgriz/Glenn

Sorry for botherin', just wanted to know if ti was only I witht that kind of prob. won't be happenin' again :bouncy:

WhiteX

No need to sweat over ir bro, just telling ya to enjoy the ride, use your time to play it then ask about it, go with the flow...
I´m so Hippie today.

Low Lines

I might also add for future reference that NeeDS was only released on the 20th June 2006....so a Win GUI translation *might* be pushing it a little...for now at least :bouncy:

Normmatt

The speed problem has been identified, i introduced the bug when i ported the decompression code from vba, its now been fixed and desmume is much faster now

Low Lines

Normmatt said:
The speed problem has been identified, i introduced the bug when i ported the decompression code from vba, its now been fixed and desmume is much faster now

Sounds good. Thanks for keeping us posted, we all love to hear things are going well. ;)

And I see that was your first post!! :D Welcome to EmuTalk.net :holiday:

Normmatt

heh thanks :p
the next release will have frameskipping :) although its not the best frameskipping code it seems to pump out a few more frames

spotanjo3

Maybe you shouldn't release until it is improvement or better code to do that, dont you think ? ;)

Low Lines

what is your current point of action Normmatt, like what goals are you hoping to archieve with it at the moment? Speed, Compatibility, Quality?