What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Super Mario 64 Enhanced

Converter

Texture Noob
Sorry all about the Diddy Kong Racing Project. It is dead. My computer crashed and lost all data. I'm back to show my new project. Super Mario 64 Enhanced.

Here is a few screens. Most of the outside areas are done. I decided to use sort of a fading effect for the textures. Hopefully this style is to your liking. I'm trying to explore outside of the Cel Shading and Hi Res realistic graphics. Although there is absolutely nothing wrong with the other styles. What projects I have seen here has been AWESOME!! Tell me what you think of the screens. Progress should go by real fast. This is all I am working on. Plenty of free time. Thanks all.

Mollymutt

The castle looks good, but I don't like the trees at all. I think the grass needs a little work also. All in all a good start. Keep it up.

OP
Converter

Converter

Texture Noob
Does anyone know where to get Marios clothes textures? I know how to change the eyes, mustache, and sideburns. Is the colors on his overalls,shirt, and hat textures or are they just colors on a 3d model?

Kerber2k

You can do the sideburns..eyes the M, and you can change his cloths color using a GS code. I like this project with all the gradients reminds me of Killer 7 a bit.

OP
Converter

Converter

Texture Noob
I am taking the suggestions and feedback into consideration. I am currently fixing the trees because they were horrible and the grass also. The grass had way too many flowers (especially in the first level.) Finishing the last textures in the outside area and have a lot of textures done on the first level. I realized this texture making is really hard to do. It blows my mind what Djipi has made. I can't draw that good either but I refuse to give this project up. More screens soon.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
That's pretty neat. It overshoots a few graphics effects, but just just the charm of it. Cartoony, I like it.

OP
Converter

Converter

Texture Noob
Here's a quick screen of the grass texture, still debating on what I'm going to have. Just an idea.

klasa

Maybe you could make every object a different angle. I think it would make it look nicer. And to be honest, I liked the previous version better, i seemed a bit happier

Last edited:
OP
Converter

Converter

Texture Noob
I have been trying to find a style that I like and finally got photoshop. I'm trying to create a different style that strays away from the cel shaded and cartoon look, but still looks like it would fit in a Mario game. The project is still being worked on and the new screens will be up shortly. I thought the style I had was stupid because I named it Enhanced and it didn't fit.