What's new

What do u look for in an N64 emu?

What do you think is most important in an N64 emulator?

• Compatability

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Speed (or low system requirements)

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Graphics/Audio

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Ease of Use (ie user-friendliness)

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Stability

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

gokuss4

Meh...
you should of made it where you could have multiple choices ;) but i would pick compatibility over all but graphics/audio and stability ties for 2nd than 3rd is ease of use, and 4th is well low requirements but the 4th one doesn't really matter to me so you know why ;)

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
none of the above.

I look for anything that I can't believe the first time I play it. It doesn't matter if it can only run demos, has only sound or just graphics. If it can gimme that "What the crap, how'd it do that" feeling its a good emu :)

If i choose anything it would be stability, because u shouldn't have issues with that unless your rushing/sloppy. ???

OP
pj64er

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
conkerman said:
as long as it plays banjo tooie and makes my breakfast, it's a good emu
conkerman

so u dont like any current emu? ...wow:plain2:

if u think about it, answering this almost determines what ur favorite emu is.

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
Well if this was an ordering poll (had to vote for gfx) they would be in this order:

Gfx/audio quality
Speed
Stability
Compatibility

...and I personally don't like user-friendliness. If it ran from a DOS prompt, doesn't matter to me. Cygwin? Fine. The more "technical" the options the more I tend to like it. Nemu is 3rd on my favorites list (because of speed and decent compatibility) but has next to no options.

PJ and 1964 are definitely top two, but I don't really know which is best. PJ does 2d stuff fine and runs SSB, but can get a little choppy (ex: Zelda64 in Hyrule Field, 16xAA). 1964 is ~1.5 - 2x as fast as PJ but has less 2d support and doesn't run SSB well.

Corn is 4th, because it's the only emu that can run Mario64 @ full speed on a P200 with no gfx problems, but has no compatibility.

Just my 2c.

1. i like her to be sensative and sweet (not crash much)
2. she has to be good looking (look gorgeous)
3. and i have to like her voice (i cant stand crackly sound)