What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Converters Diddy Kong Racing Project

Converter

Texture Noob
I am new with this retexturing for the N64. I saw some of the projects that other people have done and thought I should try. Hope you like the screen. Any suggestions would be nice.

Last edited:
OP
Converter

Converter

Texture Noob
I agree. The grass needs to be changed. I was looking for a way to keep the original textures of the game and just enhance them. Not really a Re-texture but an enhancement. It is really easy to do. I have all the n64 games, and plan on "enhancing" them all. I'll tone down the grass to see if it looks better. Thanks for your feedback. More screenshots are coming as the project evolves. Sorry so long.

RagnarokAngel

Ok first don't take me overly critical because i'm really not trying to be, just think that this could look reaally good with some tweaking.

First I'ld like to say that I love the ground path leading up to the Dino Domain - Awesome.

Now I see that the game uses that texture for the very front but not on the sides - maybe do something to that to make that gel a little bit better because in the original the very light texture made it ok - maybe add some sort of block structure to it - I know your staying near the original, it just doesn't "fit" anymore.

The wall looks very nice other than when it wraps Wizpig... Maybe dull down the texture a bit and smooth it out and see how that looks?

I like the darker blue sky - sets everything off much better, but the lines where it repeats are REALLY visible - i can see that they were in the original pictures also but...maybe theres some way to soften this just a tad around the edges....somehow....no suggestions though...

Oh and is the water retextured or not because it kinda looks like it but can't really tell from that pic

Oh yeah and the grass....very blocky and a bit too dark....

Keep working it looks VERY good - I hope to see this completed

OP
Converter

Converter

Texture Noob
Thanks RagnarokAngel, you really don't notice these things until you hear it from someone else. I knew about the sky textures and the grass. Keep the suggestions coming it will really help me get this project going. BTW the water was re done it looks darker to match everything else. You are able to see through it better. I need to change the sand underneath the water and on the land itself. It really looks horrible. That's why you don't see it it in the screenshot. More screens will be up soon. Thanks all.

tailslol

this pack has good ideo but these textures are only filtered original textures... a better resolution will be better...