What's new

PJ64 Problems

RomanKC247

As you can see from the screenshots I am having problems with graphics in games.

My specs are:
eMachines
Intel Celeron 1.2 GHz
256 MB RAM
Intel(R) 82810E Graphics

I have the latest driver (6.13.01.3004) from the Intel website. Also, I can't choose Jabo's DirectInput Plugin but it is in the plugins folder.

Thanks,

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
it specifically says in the manual that the intel graphics chips does not meet the min requirements.

but try to use "change blending mode..." it should give nice results but not perfection by any means.

about the input i don't have any idea.. try N-rages plugin ( http://go.to/nrage )

OP
R

RomanKC247

Sorry, I guesss I didn't attach any screenshots, but the problems I am getting is black boxes around leaves on palms in diddy kong racing and black water in the game and everything is white in the game twine. And a strange thing is that if I change desktop color mode to 24 pj will say "Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device...". Is there any other possible thing I can try or change some options or something?

thanks

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
the intel chip does not support anything higher then 16 bit (it happens to me too) so make sure both your desktop and your D3D plugin settings has only 16 bit selected.

and what i meant was that if you go to "Options>Configure Graphics Plugin>Emulation tab" you will see an option named:
"Change Blending Mode If Invalid For Video Card"
turn it on and most of the graphical errors should stop (at least it does for my intel onboard graphics chip).

and please try to read the manual (under "help>contents") everything i said is stated there

RJA

The PC Wiz
RomanKC247,

On the Pentium III 733 mhz at the group home residence I live
in has Intel 82815 integrated video hardware, and yes, that
does have the same issue with other than 16 BPP, a Jabo's gfx
init failure will occur. Like the Voodoo 3, this is a limitation with the Intels. "Change blending mode if invalid for video card" IS
REQUIRED for the Intels.

If you don't use
"Change blending mode if invalid for video card", many N64 game
titles will have major gfx error issues most notably,
in Mario Kart 64, many objects, including the smoke in the back
of the go-karts will be white and purple squares and not be rendered correctly at all and severely messed up.

And with one exception: If you don't have
"Change blending mode if invalid for video card" selected
when playing Super Mario 64, Mario's head in the intro may be
black. :!!!:

OP
R

RomanKC247

Ok now I know about the graphics problems I am getting, but what about the input plugin? I mean I know its in the plugins folder and I can choose NRages plugin just not Jabos DInput. What could possibly be wrong? ???

thanks