What's new

Trouble w/ hi-res textures + settings

DScythe0

I finally got Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.0c to load with 1964 so i could try out Kman's new hi-res re-texture pack for OoT but i sometimes get jerky movement and whenever I press Start it takes a while to load it but i get a weird view of it no matter where i go.

BTW I'm using a 3ghz P4 1gig DDR RAM with a Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb card.

Any help appriciated. :)

Last edited:

J-Nic

Zelda Guru
what are your computer specs... its most likely your graphics card

why are you using Rice's video plugin 6.1.0? use version 6.1.1 beta instead

Clements

Try using 'Basic Write and Back' for N64 Frame Buffer and Rendering to texture in the Current Game Options.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
i just did that Clements and the link texture is broken.... his face is missing.. is this the expected quality from this plugin?

OP
D

DScythe0

Clements said:
Try using 'Basic Write and Back' for N64 Frame Buffer and Rendering to texture in the Current Game Options.

Thanks Clements, i tried that and now im only setting half of Link's face show up but very pixelated with only 3/4 of the shield showing up if i use the Deku Shield. Just wondering but is there any reason as to why the Subscreen Menu keeps taking longer than it should do to simply show up?

For the most part it fixed the last two problems i was having before with half the window showing up as pink and the Equipment menu showing up strangely.

Equipprob.jpg

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
have you activated the Subscreen delay fix?

that should fix it.

match it with your rom version
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (M3) (V1.0)
801D860B 0002 //Subscreen Delay Fix

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (M3) (V1.1)
801D864B 0002 //Subscreen Delay Fix

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0)
801DA5CB 0002 //Subscreen Delay Fix

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.1)
801DA78B 0002 //Subscreen Delay Fix

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2)
801DAE8B 0002 //Subscreen Delay Fix

OP
D

DScythe0

squall_leonhart said:
have you activated the Subscreen delay fix?

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2)
801DAE8B 0002 //Subscreen Delay Fix

Thanks, well all thats left is the problem with Link's face and his arm appearing straight through a shield in the Equipment Menu. :plain:

Clements

Yeah, that is as good as it has always looked in Rice's plugin. Software framebuffer was only implemented fairly recently and it is not perfect.

OP
D

DScythe0

Clements said:
Yeah, that is as good as it has always looked in Rice's plugin. Software framebuffer was only implemented fairly recently and it is not perfect.

Oh well, at least most of the problems were fixed. Thanks guys and i guess its up to the developer(s) of 1964/Rice to try and make it so that the emulator is able to at least deal with that problem in some sort of way even if it might be difficult. :S