What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Quest 64 Texture

Noglory

i down loaded Djipi's zelda pack i was playing with some of his Textures from that pack..i made this for me..

i like Quest 64, if Djipi's or some one did do work on the game be cool its not that big...

19or1.jpg

21si.jpg

Last edited:

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Hum... Thanks to do that
But if it's for you ok but don't post shot of this with my zelda pack texture !!! It's not very correct.
And for now i wouldn't retexture quest 64 , maybe someone else.

darknior

Darknior
I think if you make GOOD work with DJIPI texture it's a good thing for everybody ... because he have not time to make this game :(

But you must answer him if he is OK for that, and post your PACK her for everybody can DL it and give there test ...

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Using the work of someone else when they have asked you not to, is not good or right. Besides, the textures used in one game, may not be suitable for another, when re-texturing you should always design it for the game, dont just use random textures.

OP
N

Noglory

first of all, im not leting people have this I MADE THIS FOR ME!!!!

no one BUT ME WILL get it, its not like its hard to do... and seing as how nasty and stupid looking Quest 64 looked..i think the textures i used made it better for ME! to play...

i liek the way it looked and i did not use random textures look close

i used some texture from his pack i had to resize them, all other i did, i have pantshop pro i will start working on this game my self....i think i made it look 10 times better....

im not a bad guy, but on the other hand if i wonted to i can redo your texture and let who ever i wonted to download them!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
N

Noglory

i cant understand what he is saying...i think he said dont post pic of this in his zelda 64 pack post

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Sorry dude. Either make your own textures or forget it. The Zelda textures were made for Zelda.... End of story :p

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
You didn't steal. :p

Just make your own. You would be the first to retexture the game too I think:p

OP
N

Noglory

iv started on alittle pack for quest 64 its not much but im not trying to show off i was doing this for me because i think quest 64 is a good game but looks nasty!

i dont like the ground at all so thats the thing iv worked on most
good artist dont steal they barrow!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

pedrocasilva

Noglory said:
i dont like the ground at all so thats the thing iv worked on most
good artist dont steal they barrow!!!
listen mate... the OoT pack has that Wind Waker look right? do you think they borrowed the textures from WW? not at all.... infact WW textures are copyrighted to Nintendo for the obvious reasons, it's ilegal to use their property...

Every single texture there was made from ground, and honestly that's what makes the pack so good, it's about the work it gave not going through the easy way around, it's like when you do a math exam you can copy the equation standing right next to you... or you can make your own and maybe reach the same results... but that equation will be yours with your way of thinking and handwriting... my point is.. it'll always be diferent and when talking about texture packs you'll think of something along the way and evolve on that thus making it even more diferent... that's why there's no point in using others work.

You are taking the easy way... and worse than that... your using other people (dijipi's) property when he already stated he doesn't want you to... you should have asked him before posting them anyway.

Rule No 1 on this sub-forum, never use something "borrowed" without asking first, and if the creators don't allow you to... just Cease and Desist on that matter.

No need to argue on this one, if it's only for you do it secrely, or something like that... (but remove the screens from the first page as they use dijipi's textures), if you want to share... do your own textures, it gives work but it pays off.

EDIT: Oh, and don't multiple post (various posts from the same user one after another without any other users talking in-between)... please, you have the edit button under your posts, use it to add content (like I did now).

Last edited:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
pedrocasilva, thank you SO much for clearing this up for this...guy. You did us all a favor there.

OP
N

Noglory

forgive me but..having N64 roms on your computer is stealing!!!! retexture games is not upholding the LAW! look at chrono trigger remade.. im not using any of his textures...
nk9kr.jpg

Last edited:

Kerber2k

Owning N64 roms on your computer is not stealing....unless you dont own the original cartridge in wich case it is indeed piracy, and will not be tolerated on this forum. Bye for now. :nuke: