What's new

DSHeretic...Once again.

WhiteX

OK, i got it to boot on hardware, but the screens are reversed, the game is on the lower and the ap on the upper, any ideas to help this old fart?

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I suggest using Dualis. It's the best hombrew roms emu out there!

That is if you want to play it on your pc :p

If you want to play it on your DS I personally have never tried this game.
If I get chance I will have a look for you.

Last edited:
OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

I suggest using Dualis. It's the best hombrew roms emu out there!

That is if you want to play it on your pc

It defies the meaning of it, doesn´t it?

vcatkiller

I'm guessing you're talking the open source port of The Heretic for the DS? And you're playing it on a flash cart of some sort? I'm looking at pictures and it looks great! In which case, yeah, playing a DS port of a PC game on the PC using an emulator of any kind is as redundant as an N64 emulator for the N64. (I guess it would be highly compatible though :))

If that's the case, you're missing some details: what sort of flash cart you're using (is it Ok to talk flash carts here?), the version of the Heretic wad you're attempting to use, as well as the version of DSHeretic. I'm not up on all the DS Flash cart info, btw, but it might help someone who is.

Hope I know what I'm talking about here and not barking up the wrong tree? Feel free to call me an idiot. :p

Cyberman

No public flashing! <-- pun for the humor impaired

vcatkiller said:
I'm guessing you're talking the open source port of The Heretic for the DS? And you're playing it on a flash cart of some sort? I'm looking at pictures and it looks great! In which case, yeah, playing a DS port of a PC game on the PC using an emulator of any kind is as redundant as an N64 emulator for the N64. (I guess it would be highly compatible though :))
Other than the fact that it might run on an emulator it wouldn't do any good if it didn't run on the DS since the program was ment to run on the DS.

vcatkiller said:
If that's the case, you're missing some details: what sort of flash cart you're using (is it Ok to talk flash carts here?), the version of the Heretic wad you're attempting to use, as well as the version of DSHeretic. I'm not up on all the DS Flash cart info, btw, but it might help someone who is.

Hope I know what I'm talking about here and not barking up the wrong tree? Feel free to call me an idiot. :p
Hmmm it's not a home brew section. That would be programing or tech. In any case if you aren't discusing comercial software you may speak about cards that work with home brew. However no mention of how to use it with comercial software. IE this is a bad IdeaS ;) It will end with a ban and expurgation of the post. As there are some young people here who haven't let there moral compass get set yet (cough). Don't want them going down the wrong path :D

Cyb

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

OK, i´ll not go into what card i am using, just know that it is capable of running it just fine.

My DSHeretic is the one with the music plugin (0.3, 3.0, 3 something)

My Wad is the full game WAD from my diskette set dad gave me when i was a kid.

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

Ok, so if anyone wants to know what to do:

Take your DSHeretic compilation that should be a DS.GBA file and run it through PME2NDS (that you can get here, http://davr.drunkencoders.com/), making it a .NDS file

After that you want to add the Pepsiman´s file to it (http://www.ndshb.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=84),
so it will give you another DS.GBA file.

Flash it and good luck.

EDIT: this fix also adresses the same issue running it on the emulators