What's new

Question on PJ 64 and the graphics

LiPS

hi,

im using pj 64 as my n64 emulator for a long time now and what i questioned myself from the first day on is where the hell are the beautiful round graphics from the real n64?!

with the emulator settings you can count every pixel... and it looks like a bitmap...
the text is just shit...

i made 2 photos on which u can see this problems...

is there any solution for this annoying problem??

dont get me wrong, i like this emulator, its the best for n64 and im thankful hes not dead, but i want to fix this :)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
hello, LiPS. that is the resolution of the text. you can enable the force filtering option (whatever its called in your version) in the vid plugin options, helps in some cases. running the game in lower resolution can seem better also. but only re-texturing can fix this completely.

if you know something is actually a bug (worse than real n64) please report it with comparison shots from n64

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What Smiff said. Since you are most likely using a much higher resolution than the actual N64, everything has been scaled to your resolution. Text and other 2D sprites have a fixed resolution, hence why they start to look rough and blocky on higher display resolutions.

But yeah, forcing texture filtering alleviates the problem somewhat.

smcd

If you have a TV nearby and a video card supporting tv-out, run it through your TV and you'll see it "magically" improve and look more like what you expect it to look like.

OP
LiPS

LiPS

ok thx so far

i have a tv here, but a lcd... i dont know if that could be a problem

i ran my pc over the tv 5min ago, i need help with it because i have to scroll on the tv beccause the resolution is too high (1280x1024) but i dont want to change the resolution on my tft...

is there a guide which tells me how to make this work??