What's new

Perfect Dark Question!

thebudman

Me and a friend of mine play perfect dark in pj64 in multiplayer and we don't get highlighted players or pickups and the maulers don't have the glow effect in multi either is this a graphics card issue or emulator / plugin issue? I have 2.6GHZ P4 with 768 MB of Ram and a newly perchased a AGP Card ATI RADEON 9550 havn,t updated catalyst or anything to it yet as i got it yesterday. Any info appreciated thanks!

OP
T

thebudman

Thanks Clements I have been reading the forums for a long time, Just now decided to signup B4 i only had a intell 82845g 64 mb onboard n it kinda sucked was missing blur effects at least i have them now lol n can play it at 1024x768 32bit color b4 i could only run it @ 640x480 16bit color using the 6152 plugin with the nrage input plugin but the funny thing though is without the nrage plugin it wouldnt lag really on them settings with the 816 plugin (640x480) if using the jabos direct input but for my controllers it didnt feel right with it and was to sensitive so i always used inrage b4 and the older plugin. I have a saitec rumble force and recoil pad forgot what one it is. I'm also glad i got that new vid card as its a hell of alot better then the one i had b4 n it was on sale 70 buks at bestbuy n should still be on sale i image since i got it yesterday hmmmm Well i had a choice between that in the BFG Geforce FX 5500 for same price but found the radeon 9550 was the better card i beleive? They both are 256 mb cards but i think the geforce uses cheap 64bit ram i heard. I was trying to check around as much as i could b4 i chose one or the other. Do you know how to unstall glide wrappers i think i have one installed when i was trying to test things along time ago with diferent plugins or something i don't remember.

Skull_Kid

Yeah I really wish someone would fix this. :(

Is it something that would be hard to fix or something that people simply haven't gotten around to fixing?

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
its news to me.
can someone post pics of how it should look please.
edit: or if that's too difficult, at least pics of where its wrong and a very good description of how it should look.

Last edited:
check this out. . .go into perfect dark and set up a game against a few easy bots, one kill to win, go ahead and win it BUT STARE AT THE BODY OF THE PERSON YOU KILLED. . .as the screen fades to black, for a SPLIT SECOND you can see the highlight. :D

bgugi

some questions fixed, some discovered

i do have the highlited objects in mp,
attachment.php

but i have a problem with the ir scanner
attachment.php

the thing is that i am in skedar ruins and have no idea where to blow up the wall :(( i am using pj64 1.6 if that helps...

Skull_Kid

With the highlight thing the actual ammo boxes and weapon pickups themselves in Combat Simulator are supposed to be flashing. All you posted was a picture of the radar.

Skull_Kid

The IR scanner might work with Glide (haven't tested it) but all the other problems aren't fixed, including the highlight one.

I have no knowledge of programming at all. . .or anything like that. . .I guess I'm a script kiddy or just a normal person or something, but I'm curious. . .like. . .if you have highlights on, and you kill someone, as they're fading you can see the highlight for a split second, I think it even shows the correct color based on which color team they're on, and I'm just wondering, is there no way to like . . . .tap into that or isolate that code or something to that effect to fix the highlight effects, or would that have to be hacked or what?

Phoenixan

In some parts, you have to switch to the 1.5 plugin to use the IR scanner. It won't highlight the walls, but it will show you the people that cloak around you. Tested on a video card like yours, a Radeon 9600, and a Radeon 9100 with all the same result.