What's new

AudioFix3 Save Problem

A.I.

Banned
Me noobie...me bit stupid... Me sorry for new nun... nun.. necessary thread. First post...not last, me hope... Blind One asks why sound not work with Audio Fix3 when save state. Using Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Old Driver) plugin. When play game sound is good but not good when me cant hear sound after save. Please help Blind One. Me go back to swamp now...

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
Me put thinkn cap on... OK... I got WIP 2 and it sounds great an all that but it aint 5.1 ch or to be more specfic simulated 5.1. Its stereo which is fine but my only gripe with it is theres no bass! I know cos I tested it with my 5.1 ch headphones which has a rumble effect similiar to forcefeed when it detects bass (Headphones got stereo mode which also emits rumble - so 5.1 ch is not an issue)

Anyway back to my original problem... When I use AudioFix 3 and save my game and then when I load my save state to play game again I get no sound - regardless of what sound plug i use. Which is a shame cos I get 99% crystal sound with Rage Wars (Awesome game!) and Cruisn World (Addictive!)when I use Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Old Driver) with AudioFix 3 PJ64 (vers1.4.) Does anyone know wat the problem is? Its real annoying re-confign player options every time i play...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
IIRC, no sound plugin emulates 5.1 properly. Don't quote me on that though. Save states can sometimes mess up your game in quite a few ways. Use native saves and only use save states when you absolutely have to.

Have you tried Jabos's DirectSound plugin?

Last edited:
OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
Yeah I did...no change. I hope im not confusn people. Theres no sound only when i play a saved game state (I'm talkn about using audiofix 3 vers PJ 1.4 here - PJ 1.6 works fine with saved games) If i reset it plays fine. By the way why is Jabo's plugin volume so low? Gotta turn it up all the way...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Just turn the volume all the way up from the plugin configuration, like it should be. If the sound is still low after that, adjust the volume from your speakers.

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
I'm replying to my own reply... weird... but i really need some help with this lil' problem (Read up top and I'm not talkn about my bizzare first post here) I have. I love using Azimers audio V0.30 (5.1ch sim sound) but theres few games i can use with it without getting that cracking and annoying popping noise. Sure I can use WIP2 or Jabos direct 1.6 - which I do when I have no choice - but you dont get the surround sound experience (unless you chuck some headphones on and even then you dont get any bass) Anyway, using audiofix3 the sound (Turok: Rage Wars - 99% perfect) is alot better (for some games) but the only flaw ,as i said before, was with my save states which were missing sound when re-loaded. Is it a known problem with PJv1.4? Coz I never had a problem saving with PJv1.6 before. Ive tried different plugins, removing cheats, etc... but still no difference.

Some feedback would be very much appreciated. Thankyou.